TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ventilation dead

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by m0rph, Dec 21, 2015.

1. m0rph

m0rph Member

New problem, my interior ventilation blowers seem dead. No airflow, no errors. 0, 1, 2, 3 airco on/off nothing.. I checked the fuses, they seem fine. Damn, I can't survive this humid weather without them..

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Check fuse?

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

4. m0rph

m0rph Member

I have a theory, I suspect the 12V battery. Over the last 3 days, I hardly used the car. Normally it gets a good workout every day without exception. This morning the battery showed 12.4V but after a few more kilometers it went to 12.6V and the blowers were working fine again. Before it always showed 12.9V. Tonight I'll hook it up to my Tecmate Optimate 4 so it can recondition it and recharge to max level. The battery is 13 months old but also has 70000km of experience.

5. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Have to love it when its an easy fix! Tesla really should throw a warning when the 12v battery drops below a certain threshold and mention that all 12v accessories may act wonky until its resolved.