Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Version 2020.28.5 in Canada - Adds Red light/Stop sign feature with +10km/hr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received update 2020.28.5 last night for my Model 3. Installed and noticed the notes indicate that red light/stop sign automatic braking feature now has +5mph or +10km/hr in our cars. It also includes Portuguese language support.

For Canadians eagerly waiting this update should make the automatic stopping feature much more usable in the city. I have yet to try it out but hope to do so this afternoon.

Just received update 2020.28.5 last night for my Model 3. Installed and noticed the notes indicate that red light/stop sign automatic braking feature now has +5mph or +10km/hr in our cars. It also includes Portuguese language support.

For Canadians eagerly waiting this update should make the automatic stopping feature much more usable in the city. I have yet to try it out but hope to do so this afternoon.

It's not perfect yet.. still has issues with simple intersections.
20200726_145030.jpg

Now engage autopilot on local streets are making more sense now, just tested, very cool. But, still experience phantom brake at particular places (i.e. HW7 head east toward 404, it always apply brake for no reason...)

Agreed, the update is much more usable but I still won't use it regularly. I get a lot more braking as it approaches intersections, even with cars in front of me. Feels like the car is thinking of braking while it figures out what the car in front is going to do, slow...speed up... pause... slow... no let's go. This causes cars behind me to go around.

• Informative
Reactions: mahagala
Glad that Tesla fixed the Speed Limit restriction on Autosteer when traffic light support is activated.

They've gone back to the 5mph limit, though I'd like to have the mph equivalent of 10kph please (6mph) :)

Downloaded 28.5 last night but haven't driven with it yet, as the wife took the Tesla this morning.