Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vertical Lines on Backup Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parked outside for a couple nights and lines appeared, garaged for a day and it disappeared. Booked an appointment but after they reviewed picture they gave me the standard BS about this issue being a known firmware issue and will be fixed in the next update and ask to cancel the visit. I'm fairly certain it has something to do with moisture getting into the connection.

Linear artifacts like that usually suggest a loose cable connection. I would make a 'schedule service' request through the Tesla app. This is something that Tesla service can fix or replace under warranty.

disagree. it strongly suggests a sensor problem.

seen it many times on digicams (pocket digital cameras, sony sensors, mostly). there's no cable to fail, there. and if a digital cable was bad, the whole image would be garbage (or blank).

no, the sensor is wonky. it can 'self fix' if its temperature or humidity related, but it won't fix itself permanently.

shame on tesla. if they see that, they should replace the camera (sensor) and not argue with the customer...

I have vertical lines but only very slight and only at night. Mine is a March 2020 model 3.

For those who had the camera replaced, has the issue been resolved?

Every single Model 3 has some form of those “slight” vertical lines (and sensor noise) at night. It’s a byproduct of high ISO + small sensor.

That’s not the same as the images on the first page of this thread which demonstrate a fault of some sort.

Reactions: CK123