Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Very Orange Roadster for Sale on Ebay - low Reserve already met

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sorry FutureOwner. I have been in your position before. I am the buyer near San Francisco. I was bidding since two days ago. Definitely not a dealer, although I will eventually beselling a beloved, rapidly appreciating vintage 911 to help fill the hole in the account. I won two Teslas in the past where the seller was a fraud. Same happened to a 67 911s. I was the high bidder for my brother, but seller decided to sell to someone else. There are a lot of shills on ebay. This seller seems extremely honest. We have an ebike, and an i3.
This car will pull a gas guzzler off the road. I think these cars will depreciate more, but at some point, they may be collectible. If it were not for the "gliders" chassis being built by Lotus and shipped over to Tesla, then it definitely would be the case. But still, there is some significant history and limited numbers. I am a working guy with a normal job.. Not a hedge fund manager or a dot com gazillionaire (although I helped "others" make billions). This car will cost $1200-1800 to ship to CA, and then over $5,000 in tax to DMV, but the color is fantastic!

I am sorry FutureOwner. I have been in your position before. I am the buyer near San Francisco. I was bidding since two days ago. Definitely not a dealer, although I will eventually beselling a beloved, rapidly appreciating vintage 911 to help fill the hole in the account. I won two Teslas in the past where the seller was a fraud. Same happened to a 67 911s. I was the high bidder for my brother, but seller decided to sell to someone else. There are a lot of shills on ebay. This seller seems extremely honest. We have an ebike, and an i3.
This car will pull a gas guzzler off the road. I think these cars will depreciate more, but at some point, they may be collectible. If it were not for the "gliders" chassis being built by Lotus and shipped over to Tesla, then it definitely would be the case. But still, there is some significant history and limited numbers. I am a working guy with a normal job.. Not a hedge fund manager or a dot com gazillionaire (although I helped "others" make billions). This car will cost $1200-1800 to ship to CA, and then over $5,000 in tax to DMV, but the color is fantastic!

Cool, sounds like it's going to a good home. Enjoy the new ride!

Sounds like the folks on both sides of this transaction, the seller and the buyer, are good people.

RE: the bolded....I have no idea how eBay Motors works, but from your post and other comments I have read recently, it sounds like shady sellers and flaky-not-really-serious buyers are common?

Shady dealings do seem a bit too common on eBay. After I "bought" a red Roadster 2.0 Sport on eBay (with the Buy It Now option), the seller wouldn't talk to me for two days, then spun me a big BS story about how the car was found to have a horrible defect and was unsellable and had to be sent "back to the wholesaler". And of course, what he'd really done was sell it to somebody else. (I was furious, yet at least I hadn't sent him any money and didn't have to worry about getting it back!)

I'm so glad I eventually got my white 2.5... but it cost me $78K with twice as many miles on it as the one you're getting! I'd say you've done just fine.

Congrats and welcome to the club!!!

Im sure you'll be very happy. Glad the car went to an appreciative owner.

Congrats on your acquisition!

I believe this was a pretty fair deal both ways as this is close to what I paid a year and a half ago for a similar millage roadster.
At this point, with the new battery coming up, I'd say the prices might probably start reflecting mostly millage rather than actual age of the car...(maybe wishul thinking on my part).
Yearly depreciation might not be so high anymore as the value of the car will follow the battery's value which is directly linked to its millage rather than age as far as we can tell. Difference between a five and six year old roadster... will really be how much it's been driven!

Take care of it and enjoy...although very orange is a close second to midnight blue, it's still looks really good ;-)

RE: the bolded....I have no idea how eBay Motors works, but from your post and other comments I have read recently, it sounds like shady sellers and flaky-not-really-serious buyers are common?
As I recall, any vehicle purchase on eBay is not a legally binding contract, unlike every other transaction on the site. So, I would expect a lot of buyers to back out, and a lot of sellers who already sold the car elsewhere.

It showed up on Craigslist, but reusing the old pictures (although with some edits):

2010 Tesla Roadster 2.0 in "Very Orange"
2010 Tesla Roadster 2.0 in "Very Orange" - $68000 (sausalito)
2010 Tesla Roadster 2.0 in "Very Orange" and "Very Sad" to sell due to a move in two months :(

~11,000 miles
Car is in perfect condition.
Executive leather - incl. leather-wrapped dashboard and console with orange accent stitching.
Premium sound system + bluetooth + navigation.
Paint armor. Clear protective covering (bumpers, doors)
Tesla sound-dampening to reduce cabin noise.
Clear-coat carbon fiber hardtop. Also standard black softtop.
220V charge and 110V charger.
Last service at Tesla was July 2015. Battery pack replacement Fal 2014.

Shows 189+ ideal miles in standard mode. Always avoid full range mode and maintain at 90% and then top off in standard mode before driving.
Have both chargers but nver use the 220
max range is likely 270-280.
Roadster 3.0 upgrade available for 400 mile range but still too expensive.

We bought it as an "low cost of ownership" investment weekend convertible driver to be collectible one day with < 2500 made and < 1500 in the US, but we are moving
where a very steep short tight driveway to the 3 car garage at new location needs $10,000+ in work for the car to clear...

...so looking for long-term (24 months) storage or need to sell

... or trade for < 73 911

I have maintained a lithium-ion ebike battery for 10 years so far by keeping it at 60-80% and charging to ideal range right before riding.
I prefer the 110 charger even though we have 220 chargers all over for this one and the i3 and for visitors.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
post id: 5221474929
posted: 3 days ago
updated: 3 days ago

Roadster123.png

roadster456.png

Last edited:
Person who said that they made the Craigslist advert now contacted me and said that #569 was bought from East Coast, and recently delivered to California, but is a bit in limbo right now.

I guess they are conflicted if to resell it or store it so it may or may not be for sale.

As with any listing, it is a good idea for prospective buyers to see the vehicle before giving anyone any money.

Steve, watching that video of us makes me more nostalgic than I can even describe...

Also, as far as I've got at this moment, the following VINs are Very Orange: 16, 83, 94, 313, 425, 558, 569, 983, 1213, 1244, 1339, 1430.

We'll miss you this Saturday at Drive Electric Week event at Grapevine Mills Mall.

Haven't heard from Seth. So far it's just Scott (I think) and I who'll have Roadsters there.

If anyone out there is in North Texas: National Drive Electric Week Event - Dallas-Fort Worth

@Deedwest: have a good time on tour!