Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vibration caused by tire foam, billed for $323.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my 2023 Model 3 around Nov. 2022 and got 15k miles on it. Whenever I drive the car and go above 75mph, I could feel really bad vibration and at 85m0h, my whole body is shaking at the same time! Reading some thread here, I thought the problem was the need to rotate and balance the wheel. After rotation service from a tire shop, problem persist. Had to go to Tesla to resolve the problem, and they said it was the tire foam is "off". Had to remove it then billed me for $323! I was asking if I could just bring it to a regular tire shop to remove it and they said that regular tire shop can't do it so I had no choice. And when asked if it's within warranty since I never had issue with flat tire or whatever to have this problem occur. They said that tires where not covered. Not sure if I got billed so much on this one but I find it ridiculous! I don't even mentioned about suspension noise but I got billed anyway!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240626_193931_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240626_193931_OneDrive.jpg
    355.2 KB · Views: 11
You paid $190 for tire balancing and $130 for diagnosis...

You could have all four tires balanced for like $50 at a regular tire shop and they would have ripped the foam out for free if it was creating an issue on the balance machine. They just pop one side of the bead out and rip it out. Any shop can do this.

For $323 you could have even purchased a new tire.

Update: They remove the noise diagnosis fee cause it was a mistake. I will get the credit back to my card. Make sure to check your invoice for incorrect billing or else, you lose your money forever! What a rip off!

Like I said earlier in the post, I did my part for having my tires balanced at a tire shop but did not fix the problem. Didn't know that tire foam was the culprit until Tesla Service Center found it. Should I've known tire foam was an issue, I could've easily do what you said.

Bought my 2023 Model 3 around Nov. 2022 and got 15k miles on it. Whenever I drive the car and go above 75mph, I could feel really bad vibration and at 85m0h, my whole body is shaking at the same time! Reading some thread here, I thought the problem was the need to rotate and balance the wheel. After rotation service from a tire shop, problem persist. Had to go to Tesla to resolve the problem, and they said it was the tire foam is "off". Had to remove it then billed me for $323! I was asking if I could just bring it to a regular tire shop to remove it and they said that regular tire shop can't do it so I had no choice. And when asked if it's within warranty since I never had issue with flat tire or whatever to have this problem occur. They said that tires where not covered. Not sure if I got billed so much on this one but I find it ridiculous! I don't even mentioned about suspension noise but I got billed anyway!
It's definitely a tire foam manufacturing defect!