Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Viewing recorded Sentry videos remotely

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any way in which I can remotely view recorded Sentry video on my iPhone (whilst the USB remains plugged in the car)? Please note I am aware that you can remotely view the Sentry in real-time… I wish to remotely view clips which have been recorded to the USB. I suspect not, but thanks in advance!

I have seen people posting here that they used a small computer that pretends to be a flash drive to store their Sentry videos. These can be accessed via WiFi.

For a while I used a Wireless USB drive, the SanDisk Connect for this purpose, the problem was that the sustained write speeds and the life of the WiFi battery needed more predictability than my driving habits provided. The files were not always there or were corrupt due to access speed. The USB port turns off when the car is off so it required waking the battery powered stick to turn on the WiFi. If I forgot to do it and was inside I had to go out to the car, so why not just use a regular stick that I could retrieve from the car when I went out. I do also have a USB Camera Adapter for iPhone so I can plug the USB stick into my phone to retrieve videos to upload.

Upvote 0