Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VIN removed from account after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model 3 AWD yesterday. Today, I woke up and opened the app to check my battery level. The app said the Model 3 has been removed from my account. I checked my Tesla account online and there was no VIN number there either. The app worked great yesterday to interact with the car to pop the frunk, etc. Today, the app does nothing other than let me watch orientation videos.

Here is the really weird part... I called Tesla service and gave them my VIN. They said this VIN is associated with someone else! They said they need to get in touch with my delivery advisor who of course isn’t in the office yet. The service guy suspected that the delivery team got papers swapped on their desk or something when finalizing the delivery.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Update....

I called the delivery team a couple hours later when they were in the office. The issue was that they didn’t mark my vehicle as delivered yesterday after delivery. Then there must have been an additional issue in that it got associated with someone else.

They completely resolved the issue while I was on the phone with them and the app works for me again.