Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VINs and Vehicle Deliveries - where is my car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
reading this schedule https://uecc.com/pdfschedule/schedule.pdf is a bit worrying. Doesn't look like Opal Leader is going to Drammen. But if you use that search funtion you used before, it still looks like it.

I guess we find out sunday/monday on marinetraffic.com :p

Can you enter the car VIN number in this search box to find out if it is actually on the boat ?
Tried entering my car's VIN doesn't respond, think a log in is needed

@Mr Miserable Do you know how long unloading usually takes? When are the cars loaded onto trucks and carried to the delievery centers? Here in Germany it seems that cars are delivered to owners about 7 days later after a ship has arrived.
As far as I can see it takes about a week for the Netherlands as well to make the cars available for pickup at the Koopman Terminal in Amsterdam.

So I hope the GLOVIS SUN is becoming to Europe, because if it's the GLOVIS CAPTAIN, and loading will commence on Tuesday, that ship is likely ready to depart at the end of next week, Friday at the earliest, I guess. That would mean those cars are ready to be collected in the last week of December, which has only four days. And since the tax benefits only apply to cars that received their license plate in 2020, you can imagine it's quite important those cars arrive in time.

Reactions: OttoR
As far as I can see it takes about a week for the Netherlands as well to make the cars available for pickup at the Koopman Terminal in Amsterdam.

So I hope the GLOVIS SUN is becoming to Europe, because if it's the GLOVIS CAPTAIN, and loading will commence on Tuesday, that ship is likely ready to depart at the end of next week, Friday at the earliest, I guess. That would mean those cars are ready to be collected in the last week of December, which has only four days. And since the tax benefits only apply to cars that received their license plate in 2020, you can imagine it's quite important those cars arrive in time.
I am sure Tesla are aware of the importance of delivering to you before the year end. It's very much in their interest to deliver in Q4 too - not only for the quarterly results but for the 2020 annual results too.
If GLOVIS SUN comes to Europe I estimate she will arrive around 15 Dec, and for GLOVIS CAPTAIN 18 Dec, so plenty of time on the Tesla end-of-quarter delivery frenzy scale.

I am sure Tesla are aware of the importance of delivering to you before the year end. It's very much in their interest to deliver in Q4 too - not only for the quarterly results but for the 2020 annual results too.
If GLOVIS SUN comes to Europe I estimate she will arrive around 15 Dec, and for GLOVIS CAPTAIN 18 Dec, so plenty of time on the Tesla end-of-quarter delivery frenzy scale.

If it takes them another 7 days from Zeebrugge to Amsterdam with Christmas in between; there's only four workdays left in 2020. Not too much room for error / delay...

Hi, found this thread a few days ago and having fun getting all this information. First time ordering a Tesla and awaiting delivery of my Model X somewhere in December in Belgium. But reading the updates here every day makes the waiting time more enjoyable. Thank you so much for doing this.

I still don't have a VIN number so I'm unable to know on what vessel my car is located. I just received information last week that a car is assigned to my account and it on its way to Belgium ...

Reactions: Skatebambi
Hi, found this thread a few days ago and having fun getting all this information. First time ordering a Tesla and awaiting delivery of my Model X somewhere in December in Belgium. But reading the updates here every day makes the waiting time more enjoyable. Thank you so much for doing this.

I still don't have a VIN number so I'm unable to know on what vessel my car is located. I just received information last week that a car is assigned to my account and it on its way to Belgium ...
Call Tesla, and talk to delivery. They have all the updates for you. VIN and such...

I think we sold the skin before the bear was shot, as we say here in Norway :p
Hoping at the cars will make it to Drammen by the end of next week and maybe I get a delivery text. Seemes like it took about a week last time from Zeebrugge arrival.
But as you know, a bunch of TM3s are now visible on the Drammen webcams, probably arrived with the Prometheus Leader(!) So who knows what might appear at any given point. We didn't really expect there to be cars fromt he Antwerp on Prometheus, did we? (Although hoping is another matter.)

But as you know, a bunch of TM3s are now visible on the Drammen webcams, probably arrived with the Prometheus Leader(!) So who knows what might appear at any given point. We didn't really expect there to be cars fromt he Antwerp on Prometheus, did we? (Although hoping is another matter.)

Never know, never know. All I know is that two different tesla-contacts has told me my car was on the second boat (Triton Ace).
So I have to wait a bit more probably :rolleyes:

It looks a bit like the cars are shipped piecemeal amongst other brand's cars, depending on how much space/capacity is on the feeder/distribution ships? So there might still be a number of cars in the Zeebrugge port? And possibly trains in addition to this?