Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Visualization on the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 with FSD, was thinking about upgrading to an S. I test drove the S last spring and I wasn't happy with the visualization because it was on the drivers display instead of the main display where you can see it. Is it possible to configure the displays in the S so that the visualization is on the main display. I found the drivers display to be absolutely useless because it was hidden by the steering wheel and it was compounded by the fact that the background was black instead of white.

I drive two Teslas, my MS and my wife’s MY, both 2023. Although I like the FSD visualization in the Y better, I think the one in the S is fine. I do have the yoke so there’s no obstruction, but the round wheel can be adjusted up and down to minimize the obstruction. I did that in my previous S (a 2018).

I have a Model 3 with FSD, was thinking about upgrading to an S. I test drove the S last spring and I wasn't happy with the visualization because it was on the drivers display instead of the main display where you can see it. Is it possible to configure the displays in the S so that the visualization is on the main display. I found the drivers display to be absolutely useless because it was hidden by the steering wheel and it was compounded by the fact that the background was black instead of white.
Sadly, I don’t believe you can move it. Coming from Model 3, I agree. I’m completely converted and enjoy the lack of front driver display or any obstruction to the amazing forward visibility. I believe those that “need” a front display are just used to front displays from previous vehicles (even though some old cars like the 2000s Mini Cooper had the speedometer in the middle dash). I had a loaner refreshed S for a couple weeks and hated that front display. It’s not a touchscreen and therefore was less functional than my Model 3’s car visualization.