Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice-activated control of the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I now speak into my remote to choose shows for my 4 year old and I remember seeing that you can at least make music selections by verbal request in a MS (maybe you can do more now), what are the chances of almost full, Siri-like interaction with the M3? For example, after initially going through all the legal screens for autopilot once, will we possibly be able to just say "take the wheel, please" to engage it from then on?

My apologies if this was discussed elsewhere (please direct me there if so).

As I now speak into my remote to choose shows for my 4 year old and I remember seeing that you can at least make music selections by verbal request in a MS (maybe you can do more now), what are the chances of almost full, Siri-like interaction with the M3? For example, after initially going through all the legal screens for autopilot once, will we possibly be able to just say "take the wheel, please" to engage it from then on?

My apologies if this was discussed elsewhere (please direct me there if so).
I, for one, hope not. Google's speech to text engine is one of the best I've seen and even then it sometimes makes mistakes. As long as there's a limited number of commands and it was as good as Google's version then it wouldn't be terrible.

Absolutely not for vital functions though, it's not that good yet. It'd have to recognize the driver vs anyone else or radio

Because, you know, reaching out and pulling a stock is so hard. What am I saying? A good 50% of people find it too hard to turn on turn signals.
There are times, when it's raining, I may have my wipers on a low setting but when passing a someone (like a truck) would really like to speed them up. If 've got both hands on the wheel because conditions are pretty sketchy, voice control would be nice. On the other hand, if they're that bad, I probably shouldn't be passing in the first place. :rolleyes:

There are times, when it's raining, I may have my wipers on a low setting but when passing a someone (like a truck) would really like to speed them up. If 've got both hands on the wheel because conditions are pretty sketchy, voice control would be nice. On the other hand, if they're that bad, I probably shouldn't be passing in the first place. :rolleyes:
I wonder if the wiper blades can be tied to the camera's visibility. If the camera can't see then they go faster.

Reactions: dsvick
...and that's how I wound up rolling my ol' Land Cruiser. Blowing snow, couldn't clearly see the lanes. I pulled into the passing lane to pass a truck, and said to myself "You're making a mistake. You're too far over." Next thing I realized I was rolling in the ditch.