Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Voice command not working after latest update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try re-pairing your phone. Remove it totally from the car and the car from the phone and re-set it up. Be sure to toggle all the BT settings for text if you want that to work, also.

Seen each release bork this on some people and a re-pair fix it.

Ah, thought it was text to phone, my bad. That’s weird. No problems here and if you’ve rebooted, the only thing I’d say to check is that the car has connectivity. (So test when on wifi.)

There have been other reports of this, wonder if yet another 40.50.x is on the way.

Tried this today on .7 for first time... half a dozen voice commands, all worked flawlessly.

Only thing that didn't was replying to texts.

I could receive em and the car read them. I was prompted to tap screen to compose reply. It listened for the reply- and correctly transcribed it to the screen. But when I tapped again to send it just went away and vanished.

If I press the steering wheel button and give a voice command to SEND a text- that worked fine too AND actually sends it. Just replies appear to vanish somewhere for some reason.

I fixed mine. Had the same issues, green icon would appear but and it would listen but nothing appeared on the screen.. Just did a soft reboot - press and hold both wheels for 10 seconds or so on the steering wheel. It'll take 5 or so minutes to fully reboot - doesn't wipe anything.

Everything went back to normal and voice commands were remarkably accurate - more so than my Android Auto on my Pixel

If you haven’t tried power off, I’d try that but it’s weird the different results we’re seeing. Especially text replies and sending should be the same as both use the same phone capabilities.

Be sure all the message sync options are on on both Bluetooth menus (car and phone).

If you haven’t tried power off, I’d try that but it’s weird the different results we’re seeing. Especially text replies and sending should be the same as both use the same phone capabilities.

Be sure all the message sync options are on on both Bluetooth menus (car and phone).

They are.

And the reply appears on my screen just fine- it's simply that when I tap the screen to send the message goes away but doesn't actually get sent.

Voice command "text so-and-so" DOES send it though.

So yeah it's weird since I agree they should either both work or neither should.

After 4 releases same problem as the rest of you. I finally called it in to the 1-800 number. The CSR said that Tesla is still working on the problem and he took down my VIN and said he would pass it on.
Same issue, going on for weeks now. I’ve been using my AirPods to talk on the phone in the car. The back speaker clicks, and I enter destinations manually. It’s very frustrating.