Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volume stuck at maximum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My model 3 is one month old and I am now having volume control issues. The volume is stuck at maximum and even if I reduce the volume via steering/screen the volume creeps back to maximum. Did anyone face a similar issue? Any suggestions?

This sounds similar to my problem of Nav system constantly resetting back to about 10% volume, though your problem is much more annoying! One thing- I believe the sound level may be saved in the driver profile. Try setting the volume where you want it, then move your seat a tiny amount, then save the setting to see if that helps. It didn't help me, but I don't think the nav volume is saved right now.

I'm assuming you've already done a scroll wheel reboot. Next step is always to call technical support. there may be something they can do over the air to update the car. Next is call your loca service center to see if they have a mobile tech who can fix the issure. If you really need to drive the car before Tesla has a chance to fix it you can try disconnecting the 12v battery negative terminal to do a "hard reset". if you still want to drive the car but without audio you can pull the fuse that goes to the audio system. I am not sure which fuse(s) that would be but it would at least allow you to drive to the service center without earplugs.

I'm assuming you've already done a scroll wheel reboot. Next step is always to call technical support. there may be something they can do over the air to update the car. Next is call your loca service center to see if they have a mobile tech who can fix the issure. If you really need to drive the car before Tesla has a chance to fix it you can try disconnecting the 12v battery negative terminal to do a "hard reset". if you still want to drive the car but without audio you can pull the fuse that goes to the audio system. I am not sure which fuse(s) that would be but it would at least allow you to drive to the service center without earplugs.
Does the 3 have physical fuses? I thought Tesla got rid of them (except for the pyro fuse) and use electronic versions now that are controlled by software.

Does the 3 have physical fuses? I thought Tesla got rid of them (except for the pyro fuse) and use electronic versions now that are controlled by software.
My bad, too used to the Model S and X. There would be no way to Pull the fuse in the classic sens. But the technical support team would likely be able to see remotely if there was an issue with one of the virtual fuses and possibly reset them.

Just had the same thing happen to me. Have had the car for only a couple of weeks. Just tried to reboot the screen. Will report back if it happens again. From the symptoms it definitely feels like the left scroll wheel is somehow stuck in the "increase" position.