Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vorsteiner VFF-103 aftermarket 20" wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks great. How does the ride feel especially cornering? Waiting for better pictures :)
Sorry for the delay, been busy at work. Snapped a few pics at the new supercharger in Jax this morning. Peaked at 118kW (~450mi/hr) charge rate. Not bad for being free!

Edit: I have the 19" VFF-103's and they're 22lbs rear and 23.2lbs front for those interested.

Attachments

• IMG_5757.JPG
    IMG_5757.JPG
    487.4 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_5758.JPG
    IMG_5758.JPG
    449.8 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_5759.JPG
    IMG_5759.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_5760.JPG
    IMG_5760.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Sorry for the delay, been busy at work. Snapped a few pics at the new supercharger in Jax this morning. Peaked at 118kW (~450mi/hr) charge rate. Not bad for being free!

Edit: I have the 19" VFF-103's and they're 22lbs rear and 23.2lbs front for those interested.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Did you mean 23.2lbs for the REAR and 22lbs for the FRONT? I thought wheels in the rear were usually heavier in staggered configurations. Also, what if someone wanted to buy the same size for all 4 wheels (to make tire rotations easier, etc). What size would you get? What kind of range have you been getting with these wheels? Thanks.

Looks great! Thanks for sharing. Did you mean 23.2lbs for the REAR and 22lbs for the FRONT? I thought wheels in the rear were usually heavier in staggered configurations. Also, what if someone wanted to buy the same size for all 4 wheels (to make tire rotations easier, etc). What size would you get? What kind of range have you been getting with these wheels? Thanks.
Nope, the wider rear wheels are lighter because the front wheels have a thicker backpad to clear larger front brake calipers. This is common for aftermarket performance wheels that have to cater to many different brake sizes. The wider wheels just use increased concavity to achieve the same effect since rear calipers are almost always smaller. You have 3 main options:

1) Racing/Autocrossing/Competition: square 19x9.5 setup with 265 or 275 width tires all the way around (big range hit).
2) Primarily street driving/efficiency: square 19x8.5 setup with 235 or 245 width tires all the way around (similar to stock range but lighter and better looking).
3) Compromise between the two: staggered 19x8.5 front (245/40 tires) and 19x9.5 rear (275/35 tires). This is what I have and is the only non-rotatable option.

I went with option 3 because I like the balance of looks, range, and performance for sporty daily driving. This is a near flush looking stance and I see efficiency roughly equal to the stock 20's even with the 40mm wider sticky tires. I can get ~250 Wh/mi around town, ~300 Wh/mi at 65mph, and have a lifetime of 298 Wh/mi after 1600 miles with a decent amount of launches. This is a P3D+ for reference.

Last edited:
Nope, the wider rear wheels are lighter because the front wheels have a thicker backpad to clear larger front brake calipers. This is common for aftermarket performance wheels that have to cater to many different brake sizes. The wider wheels just use increased concavity to achieve the same effect since rear calipers are almost always smaller. You have 3 main options:

1) Racing/Autocrossing/Competition: square 19x9.5 setup with 265 or 275 width tires all the way around (big range hit).
2) Primarily street driving/efficiency: square 19x8.5 setup with 235 or 245 width tires all the way around (similar to stock range but lighter and better looking).
3) Compromise between the two: staggered 19x8.5 front (245/40 tires) and 19x9.5 rear (275/35 tires). This is what I have and is the only non-rotatable option.

I went with option 3 because I like the balance of looks, range, and performance for sporty daily driving. This is a near flush looking stance and I see efficiency roughly equal to the stock 20's even with the 40mm wider sticky tires. I can get ~250 Wh/mi around town, ~300 Wh/mi at 65mph, and have a lifetime of 298 Wh/mi after 1600 miles with a decent amount of launches. This is a P3D+ for reference.
I would add a 4) option of 19x9 +35 square with 255/35 tire.

Reactions: bradhs
Ordered direct from Vorsteiner, they bored them out to 64.1mm for me. Specs below.

Yep, even with the wider tires they weigh roughly the same as the 18" Aero setup. I made a spec sheet to compare:
View attachment 324828
Ordered direct from Vorsteiner, they bored them out to 64.1mm for me. Specs below.

Yep, even with the wider tires they weigh roughly the same as the 18" Aero setup. I made a spec sheet to compare:
View attachment 324828

I ordered directly from vorsteiner and asked for them to bore out to 64.1 and they said they wouldn't and that I will need a hub ring. Should i insist on boring it out. Any huge disadvantages? I'm not a fan of using a hub ring if I don't have to.

I had the VFF-103 on my Porsche Cayman S and I loved them.

I am having the new VFF-109 installed next Friday. They will be the first set installed on a Model 3 in the world! I'll post pics after installation.

Attachments

• v-ff-109-pg-hero.jpg
    v-ff-109-pg-hero.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 337
20x9.5 with a +40mm offset is likely the best compromise of looks, range and performance for street/highway driving. You could then fit a 275/30ZR20's which share the exact same diameter of the 235/35ZR20.

EDIT: Or maybe you need 20x10 to property fit that tire?

Last edited:
I have these wheels on mine. Put them on 2 days ago. I went with the bronze finish because I think bronze on white looks awesome. I will be doing a chrome delete as well

You got the right idea and looks good. The white is too white to use black rims. A bit of visible wheel detail is needed to balance the look. If not silver, bronze works to give that detail with a white car.

Reactions: Perry
I know its only a difference of 5mm between p3d+ and non....but does anyone know if Vorsteiner spec’d the 20x9 38mm and 20x10.5 45mm with the regular model 3 in mind, p3d+ in mind or compromise between both? I’m gonna guess with the regular brake/rotors since it came out before the p3d+ started showing up?

Reactions: bradhs