Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vredstein Quatrac Pro EV tire announced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this. I wonder when it will make it to the US. I was about to buy some all-season tires but might try to hold out...

Bummer...

Screen Shot 2022-11-18 at 8.01.55 AM.png

So what’s the difference between this tire and the Vredestein Quadtrac Pro that’s currently available? I had them installed on my car this week and I’m Happy after 4 days but it’s too early to say much. Definitely better than the OEM Continentals.

Reactions: JohnC-PA
So what’s the difference between this tire and the Vredestein Quadtrac Pro that’s currently available? I had them installed on my car this week and I’m Happy after 4 days but it’s too early to say much. Definitely better than the OEM Continentals.
From the linked article (essentially a press release):

The new EV tyre has been benchmarked against the current range of award-winning Vredestein all-season tyres. Apollo Tyres’ computer simulations and real-world test programme confirms that the new EV tyre delivers superior levels of grip, facilitates increased driving range thanks to its lower rolling resistance and lighter construction, has a lower environmental impact, produces less noise, delivers a quieter and more comfortable ride, and reduces braking distances.

The new EV tyre will feature a number of new EV-specific design characteristics. These include longitudinal grooves with much steeper flanks to brace against higher cornering loads, and an outside shoulder that is wider than the inner shoulder to resist deformation and improve dry and wet handling.

From the linked article (essentially a press release):
So better all the way around. Dammit! I just bought the ‘old’ version!

Curious as to why they’re not planning on introducing them to the U.S. If they’re clearly better it seems like there would be a good market - The current quadtrac pros have already gotten a reputation as one of the better all season tires for Teslas.

Reactions: JonB65 and dino007
Some specs and standardized labels from EU for these (early deliveries expected in Jan 2023).

The Quatrac Pro EV is a different tire from what they currently sell across the globe, including at North American HQ.
If we dont get this one, its likely they are developing a derivative of the NA-only Hypertrac, maybe dubbed Hypertrac EV.

I've been talking to Matt and his boss for about a year now and they had every intention of bringing an EV-specific Apollo/Vredestein product to market as recently as this past Summer/Fall.
Screenshot_20221213_010237_Edge.pngScreenshot_20221213_010251_Edge.png

Then there is also this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213_010251_Edge.png
    Screenshot_20221213_010251_Edge.png
    222 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20221213_010237_Edge.png
    Screenshot_20221213_010237_Edge.png
    404.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: dino007