Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

VW ID.3 Prices released for Ireland, SHOCKING!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They need the high list price so there is spare ££ to incentivise the dealers to promote them? Nothing in it for them otherwise since they will make much more in after sales service/parts/ repairs on an ICE car down the line so why would they want to promote EV's.
it will also be interesting to see what the service schedule and prices are like. The service package for the new 208e was said to be going to be "only 2/3 the cost of the ICE equivalent". bargain!.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Can't see too many people paying €40k-€50k for a Golf.

Mind you, if you add a few options to the top of the line current ICE Golf you can easily get it over £40,000 (adding exotic things like an electrically operated drivers seat ... not including passenger seat you note!)... and, to be fair, the ID isn't just an electric Golf ...

They need the high list price so there is spare ££ to incentivise the dealers to promote them? Nothing in it for them otherwise since they will make much more in after sales service/parts/ repairs on an ICE car down the line so why would they want to promote EV's.
it will also be interesting to see what the service schedule and prices are like. The service package for the new 208e was said to be going to be "only 2/3 the cost of the ICE equivalent". bargain!.
The whole traditional ICE dealership/service business model is about to go up in smoke... (or electrons)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker

Yes with everyone taking a cut to get to the customer this will affect the resale value later on!

So it seems. I wonder how much the BMW i4 will be? £70k?, £80k? Maybe BEVs really aren't the future. If the manufacturers can't get them to prices the average Joe can afford then it's all a bit of a waste of time.

I think the i4 will be £50-70K, but unlike other BMWs you wouldn't be able to get 20% off the list price for simply asking for a discount!

EVs will remain expensive for a while yet, lithium battery prices are simply too high and aren't falling as expected.

Reactions: EVMeister