Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting a long time for part & resolution. What should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting 6 weeks to have passenger seat replaced for rocking. It still isn't here. No sign how much longer. Waited 3 months for all weather mats to show up. And now, it took two weeks to get a rear bumber that was scraped at the train station. They are so unready to handle the intro of the Model 3.

Update.

- Battery replacement has been approved, just waiting on a battery now. hopefully that does not take months. Does anyone know if I will get a new battery or a refurbished one?

- No update on the seats. I've reached out to another contact at Tesla from when I first got my car to see if there is a way to escalate.

Any car in the shop more than 30 days is a lemon. I would ask for a new one.

In California, a vehicle is presumed to be a “lemon" by the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act if, within 18 months of the vehicle's delivery to the buyer (or 18,000 miles on the odometer):

• 2 attempts or more have been made by the manufacturer to repair a warranty problem that could result in death or serious injury.
  • The manufacturer has attempted to repair the same warranty problem at least 4 times.
  • The car has been out of service for 30 days or more for repair to warranty problems.
  • Problems to the vehicle are not the result of abuse by the owner.
If your car qualifies as a lemon, the manufacturer has the responsibility of either:

• Replacing your vehicle.
  • Refunding you for the vehicle's purchase price.

- Battery replacement has been approved, just waiting on a battery now. hopefully that does not take months. Does anyone know if I will get a new battery or a refurbished one?

All I ever heard about battery replacements was: They take your battery out and give you a loaner battery, ship yours it to some near repair center (maybe at the other end of the world), repair it, ship it back and change your loaner battery with your repaired one again.

I call this crazy, but its just me I guess.

For your charging speed problem for the top 10%:
I think my car never charged faster to 100% as yours. But I might give it a try tomorrow at a local SuC. I have a 85kW/h battery, too.