Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting for Tesla to upgrade my Model 3 to HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to schedule a service call to upgrade the computer on my M3 so I can get the FSD software I paid for. They denied it. When I asked the local service rep when it be upgrade, he said they're being done in batches, and they have only done 10 or 12 cars in the last two months. It looks like it could be a long time before we get our hardware upgrades. :-(

I tried to schedule a service call to upgrade the computer on my M3 so I can get the FSD software I paid for. They denied it. When I asked the local service rep when it be upgrade, he said they're being done in batches, and they have only done 10 or 12 cars in the last two months. It looks like it could be a long time before we get our hardware upgrades. :-(
Imagine there is a ramping up period where procedures may be fine tuned after weird quirks are discovered on some cars and situations. Also as they ramp production of the parts/kits. Also need to weave this in with other more critical services for regular Tesla car issues.

I was told the same thing...

Given that they don't even have enough HW3 computers to put into all new Model 3s, in China they are putting HW2.5 in if the person didn't purchase FSD, I wouldn't expect the retofit program to progress very fast until that is solved.

I just got my HW3.0 upgrade yesterday. Made service appointment on app (forget the category...I think I put it under "Other" and typed it out). Appointment made about a week in advance. Took about 1/2 the day. They replaced some clips on the charge port door under some service bulletin as well. Was given a Model S loaner.

Any updates on this? It's now close to 3 months after software features were released and no HW3 for me either. Bummer is I took delivery in May 2019 so I should have had HW3. :(
a) the are no software "features" unless you consider cones and stop sign graphics features.
b) Hope you're not waiting for them to contact you. Open your app, schedule service in the "other" category. Type "Full Self Driving computer retrofit"

Reactions: cbrigante2
I requested the HW3 upgrade via the Tesla app back in January and they told me "Not yet but ask again in 4 weeks". I tried again via the Tesla app last week and they said "yes". My appointment is scheduled for March 18.

So don't wait. Make a service appointment via the Tesla App. Select "accessories" and "Upgrades" and add "FSD upgrade". They might say "no" but try again in a month or so. Eventually, they will say "yes".

Reactions: cbrigante2
My M3 LR RW is in the shop right now getting the upgrade. I requested via the app under accessories. Dropped off yesterday and they gave me a Model S loaner. They said they can do it pretty fast now since they are doing them all the time now. But it would depend on what was ahead of me. So hopefully pickup tomorrow. I’m in NJ and went to the Paramus store.

Reactions: diplomat33