Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, everyone here has had a journey and a lot of frustration. I'm certainly not unique with my wait. Of course to me, this has seemed like an eternity. The EDD "JUST" changed from August 23-September 27 to August 19 - September 09. The move up and shorter window is really encouraging. Sounds like I too will be transitioning from waiting for an idea to waiting for something that actually exists to arrive! Time to start buying accessories!

The accessories waiting for my MXLR.
- 3d Maxpider mats for 1, 2 and 3rd row seat
- Leather shield for interior
- Screen protector for displays
- Wall charger
- Hansshow auto frunk kit
- Metal key fob cover (Don’t know I can use or not)

What else do I need more?
Any recommendations?

Reactions: lexus26
Just got my pickup appointment!
Need to take off work on that day!
18C6A592-8E94-470A-AAC7-D60F1176965E.jpeg

Yeah. Officially it is but some of the people is still getting 2 fobs these days. I will buy 2 fobs if it doesn’t come with.
I got two fobs with mine in June. I was a big believer in using the fob (that is what I had before). But the implementation of the phone as key for the new X, has been flawless for me, and I never carry the fob anymore. In any case, your smartphone is the primary key. You can add key cards and fobs later as you see fit. I drove away from the delivery appointment with only my phone working. I set up the other devices after I got home.

Now the only reason the fob gets used, is if I need to hand the car over to someone else to drive, which is very rare.

it’s more than a middle ground. although not as visually stunning and sexy as the minivan, it sure is faster! however, adding a soccer ball sticker on the back does slow it down so i’ve heard.

also, we considered switching from 7 to 6 seater, but with little ones sticking with 7 was the right choice. it provides the most versatility out of all the configurations.

Yeah. Officially it is but some of the people is still getting 2 fobs these days. I will buy 2 fobs if it doesn’t come with.

[SIZE=4]Jtsmr[/SIZE] is right here. As I picked the X on 7/27, no key fob was given. I immediately ordered one online and it worked great with the metal key fob cover. Strongly recommend everyone to order at least one key fob as it's the most convenient method to open/close any door without looking at a screen.

I also ordered almost identical accessories like you did. The Tesmanian trunk/frunk mats are also great addition. I also decided to go with a weird combination for interior mats: Tesmanian mats for 1st row, 3D Maxpider for 2nd/3rd row, as Tesmanian doesn't currently offer any 2nd/3rd row mats for the 7-seat.

What leather shield you ordered? Didn't know that's a thing. Also ordered a 12v-socket 100w charger along with the screen protector at Abstract Ocean. Still can't believe a 12v socket charger come power all the way to 100w, will test use my MacBook Pro once I get it.

IMG_1155.jpeg

[SIZE=4]Jtsmr[/SIZE] is right here. As I picked the X on 7/27, no key fob was given. I immediately ordered one online and it worked great with the metal key fob cover. Strongly recommend everyone to order at least one key fob as it's the most convenient method to open/close any door without looking at a screen.

I also ordered almost identical accessories like you did. The Tesmanian trunk/frunk mats are also great addition. I also decided to go with a weird combination for interior mats: Tesmanian mats for 1st row, 3D Maxpider for 2nd/3rd row, as Tesmanian doesn't currently offer any 2nd/3rd row mats for the 7-seat.

What leather shield you ordered? Didn't know that's a thing. Also ordered a 12v-socket 100w charger along with the screen protector at Abstract Ocean. Still can't believe a 12v socket charger come power all the way to 100w, will test use my MacBook Pro once I get it.

View attachment 837987
Thanks for all that specific reviews!!! This is a big help for us!
I got my leather shield Gyeon thing. The review on amazon was good so just got it.
GYEON Quartz LeatherShield 50ml -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N57S9O6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

it’s more than a middle ground. although not as visually stunning and sexy as the minivan, it sure is faster! however, adding a soccer ball sticker on the back does slow it down so i’ve heard.

also, we considered switching from 7 to 6 seater, but with little ones sticking with 7 was the right choice. it provides the most versatility out of all the configurations.
😆Thanks for starting my Monday morning off with a good giggle! And thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so excited for this dang car!

Reactions: lexus26

[SIZE=4]Jtsmr[/SIZE]

Be careful. The new Teslas no longer provide 12V on the accessory power outlets. Instead it has been bumped to a 15.5 volt system. I would recommend verifying that your accessories will operate properly from 16V.