Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD just updated from July 15 - Sept 17 to June 27 - July 18!

Bay Area folks, which bank do you get your car loan from? And which insurance company are you choosing for your new car?
I'm kinda panicking now lol
Educational employees credit union has good interest rates. Tesla insurance has low premiums except when you bundle with home insurance, it’s less competitive since that isn’t an option with tesla.

Posted this over at the main waiting room as well:

Hey everyone! First time posting, long time lurker during this long wait for the MX. I just received my Vin today and wanted to provide some hope for everyone waiting.

Order Date 7/20/2021
Vin 7SAXCAE5XNF351xxx (tracking sheet updated)
MXLR 7 seat/20/FSD
Originally White exterior/Black Interior, we made a change in April 2022 through Jorge to Blue exterior/Cream Interior
Located in San Mateo and will pick up in Fremont. Delivery Date TBD

I did call in today right after I got my Vin and got through to a rep. He said the car just entered production and should be expected next week for delivery. He also helped me change my payment from cash to financing.

My timeline for EDD was like most of you being thrown around with placeholders until the recent change from April 2023 back to July 15-Sept 10th. It then changed to July 21st-Sept 15th couple weeks after. Held steady until this morning it changed to June 26th-July7th. Hours later I receive a text saying I have been assigned a vin!

• Love
Reactions: lexus26
Posted this over at the main waiting room as well:

Hey everyone! First time posting, long time lurker during this long wait for the MX. I just received my Vin today and wanted to provide some hope for everyone waiting.

Order Date 7/20/2021
Vin 7SAXCAE5XNF351xxx (tracking sheet updated)
MXLR 7 seat/20/FSD
Originally White exterior/Black Interior, we made a change in April 2022 through Jorge to Blue exterior/Cream Interior
Located in San Mateo and will pick up in Fremont. Delivery Date TBD

I did call in today right after I got my Vin and got through to a rep. He said the car just entered production and should be expected next week for delivery. He also helped me change my payment from cash to financing.

My timeline for EDD was like most of you being thrown around with placeholders until the recent change from April 2023 back to July 15-Sept 10th. It then changed to July 21st-Sept 15th couple weeks after. Held steady until this morning it changed to June 26th-July7th. Hours later I receive a text saying I have been assigned a vin!
Congrats!

I'm in the Bay Area as well and hope to get a vin soon!

ooc, what bank are you going with for the loan and which insurance will you be using?

Congrats!

I'm in the Bay Area as well and hope to get a vin soon!

ooc, what bank are you going with for the loan and which insurance will you be using?
I have Geico for my model 3, which I’m selling to a friend, so will be using them for the X. As for the bank, I went with Tesla for now to make things quick. However, I will be refinancing at some point after. My current model 3 is with San Mateo credit union. Last I checked, they still had 2.89 for 60 or 72 months.

My friend is giving delta cu a try with his Y that he just took delivery of. Supposedly they have a 2% rate, but not sure where the gotcha moment is.

Reactions: MXLR7FSD
i have hung around waiting for a few folks to get their cars. you are one of them! where’s honeyfist?
I'm in Maryland too. So far almost all the deliveries seem to be in California. Is that a usual pattern? How long before deliveries move east?I'm a July 2021 order with a current est delivery of August 17-October 12. White/black, FSD.

i have hung around waiting for a few folks to get their cars. you are one of them! where’s honeyfist?
I'm in Maryland too. So far almost all the deliveries seem to be in California. Is that a usual pattern? How long before deliveries move east?I'm a July 2021 order with a current est delivery of August 17-October 12. White/black, FSD.
I’m right here, silently following up all the postings and feeling lonely after I saw a lot of westside orders getting their vins. Seems like we are all pushed to Q3. My date range is still 7/29-9/9 black/white 22” FSD. June 2021 order. Just confirmed with my SA that my delivery date is showing mid August on their system which I don’t 100% believe.🤞🏼