Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room: Model X 7 Seat ONLY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t seem to find anything in the X refresh Manual to see if it’s okay to charge to 100%. I would rarely needed to do this but just curious if needed. My guess is that with the new battery I should not have to worry about about battery performance/degradation if I charge to 100% a lot. Thanks for anyone’s help in advance!

I can’t seem to find anything in the X refresh Manual to see if it’s okay to charge to 100%. I would rarely needed to do this but just curious if needed. My guess is that with the new battery I should not have to worry about about battery performance/degradation if I charge to 100% a lot. Thanks for anyone’s help in advance!
If you haven’t done so already, you post this question on the maid thread. I would like to know too!

100% charging is only for LFP batteries, which currently is only on the standard range Model 3. So you still want to charge to 90%, as recommended by Tesla.

If you charge to 100% repeatedly, the car will show a warning that it should be done only for long trips and the recommendation is 90%. This has been the standard recommendation from Tesla for years that I can remember. Except for LFP batteries in M3 and now the MY Austin builds. But they have less range.

Reactions: Vthai123
I need to precondition my model X battery. I currently have 96 miles left. Will tuning on climate control and and leaving the AC running at 70 work before I leave to a charger destination? Or does the heater need to be on instead? I want to charge at my company’s level 2 charger if possible. It’s about a 25 minute drive. How long do I have to precondition before I leave home. Tomorrow will be my second day with the car. Thanks for your help!
If you use the map and click on the charger locations and pick one it will begin the preconditioning.

So yesterday I charged at work for 2 hours. It was at 29 amps rate. Sorry at nhh up to sure if I worded correctly. Anyway I was able 30 miles total. This seemed pretty low to me. I read somewhere that precondition can improve charging in the future meaning I will get more miles. looks like this is only for super charging.
30amp Level2 is about 15miles per hour. You won't really find much faster in public besides supercharging.
You can just supplement charging off peak at night with the 12v charger if you really need it.

If you charge to 100% repeatedly, the car will show a warning that it should be done only for long trips and the recommendation is 90%. This has been the standard recommendation from Tesla for years that I can remember. Except for LFP batteries in M3 and now the MY Austin builds. But they have less range.
Thanks. For some reason I thought the refresh has the new LFP. I thought wrong! :)

Has anyone ever tried Tesla Mobile Service? I have an appointment today from 8am-12pm. Will they text me to let me know they are on their way? This was done when they delivered the car to my house so hopefully it’s the same process. I don’t want to stay home and wait the whole duration. :) Thanks.

Has anyone ever tried Tesla Mobile Service? I have an appointment today from 8am-12pm. Will they text me to let me know they are on their way? This was done when they delivered the car to my house so hopefully it’s the same process. I don’t want to stay home and wait the whole duration. :) Thanks.
Mobile service is awesome. They will come to your home or office or other general place you desire. You should get a txt when tech is on the way. Some techs are so nice they will show you all they are doing and give you pointers. Sometimes its nice to say thank you and show them a little appreciation with Mr. Lincoln, Hamilton or Jackson if you see fit.

Generally Mobile Service communicates through the Tesla app. So watch for a notification from the Tesla app rather than a straight up text message. Make sure you have notifications turned on for the app. Even then, the notifications are easy to miss.

It is best if you can hang around if you really want to talk to him/her. Last time I had them out, the tech came, worked on my car, fixed my problem, and left, all before I got any of the notifications. I was just inside a few feet away. Bottom line, my problem was solved. I just didn't get to greet the guy.

Last edited: