Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wake up with VIN disappeared Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, here is the deal.. My ISA just told me that my VIN is still in their internal system. Tesla new policy, the VIN will not appear in the account page until 7 day prior to delivery..
I got confirmation about it being shown on their side also, but nothing about this new policy (which sounds very problematic). Fortunately, most insurance companies can issue a certificate valid next day, so should still be sufficient, just annoying. Hopefully people made note of their VINs, as I don't think they are changing.

Reactions: canucksnaphook
That is so stupid how are we suppose to arrange car insurance without the VIN number?

Jeff
Use a known good VIN from these forums to do your staff checking.

You will get real world quotes with it, even though it's not your actual VIN.

Once I received my VIN, I contacted my insurance company via Web chat and 10 minutes later the PDF of my temporary insurance "pink sheet" was emailed to me.

• Informative
Reactions: wolfpet
Today they just blocked 1888 calls , only says “we are busy thank you bye”

WOW.....what an announcement.

They had to know the calls would come flooding in.

My company has an special announcement that would play before you get to a human.....in case we had a huge announcement we wanted everyone to know about.

BTW....how did you get Tesla's blocked count numbers? That's a violation on many levels.

• Disagree
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I traded e-mails with my DS this morning regarding the VIN issue, she said she can still see the VIN from her end and not to worry, its just a system glitch.

Also just got the call from Nevada to discuss my config and delivery date. They tentatively have me scheduled for June 4th, with happens to be the day I leave on a business trip, oddly enough to Nevada! Asked if there was any way they could move it up so I can take delivery before I go away, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cheers!

I find it funny how a bunch of us have been waiting for a VIN to appear. It finally appeared not too long ago and now it's gone again
Not finding this Tesla's shenanigan so funny right now.
If you try and checkout a wall connector, your vin should show up there.

I have a vin there even though I have never been assigned one before.

0296xx

Maybe all those who've been waiting for VIN assignment but still have not been, should look up in their wall connector shopping cart to see if they have one! Just a thought.

I traded e-mails with my DS this morning regarding the VIN issue, she said she can still see the VIN from her end and not to worry, its just a system glitch.

Also just got the call from Nevada to discuss my config and delivery date. They tentatively have me scheduled for June 4th, with happens to be the day I leave on a business trip, oddly enough to Nevada! Asked if there was any way they could move it up so I can take delivery before I go away, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cheers!

Congrats !!

Gave me heart palpitations this morning when my VIN had disappeared. I'm in Ontario and we have a generous provincial rebate ($14K on the car and up to $1K on the wall connector and it's installation) which looks like it will disappear after the June 7 Provincial election, so we're all in a race to get the delivery ASAP. Tesla is well aware of this. Apparently the VIN will reappear once we get close to the delivery date.

Your financing details ever come back? I asked my ISA to unlock financing and it changed from finalized as cash to incomplete but still no application.

This morning payment turned amber, incomplete, application in process. This is after finalizing this all last week, accepting their terms, and being green and complete.
I emailed my finance guy and now its green again. So back to all green and Complete. EXCEPT for the disappearing VIN.

As I was typing this I got a call from 510 Area code....Apparently I have an appointment at 11:30 June 5'th :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
This morning payment turned amber, incomplete, application in process. This is after finalizing this all last week, accepting their terms, and being green and complete.
I emailed my finance guy and now its green again. So back to all green and Complete. EXCEPT for the disappearing VIN.

As I was typing this I got a call from 510 Area code....Apparently I have an appointment at 11:30 June 5'th :)
Jealous! I've been emailing my ISA over the last 24H to get it unlocked and not heard anything back. Tried Oakville on the phone a few times and nothing. Probably call him later on tonight if not heard.

If you try and checkout a wall connector, your vin should show up there.

I have a vin there even though I have never been assigned one before.

0296xx

I don't and I tried, configured in the 4/18 batch but I configed like a week after getting it.

Shows RN!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 4.53.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 4.53.13 PM.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 51