TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC will be going down for maintenance at 9:00PM EST (02:00 UTC).
    Click here for more info.

Wake up with VIN disappeared Room

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZooSean, May 18, 2018.

1. jshear

jshear Member

That is so stupid how are we suppose to arrange car insurance without the VIN number?

Jeff

• Love x 1
  2. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

I think they enjoy the panicked phone calls and email spam from all of us and this new policy gets the most panic and speculation going. Good brand marketing. (j/k)

• Like x 1
  3. rdturner0

rdturner0 Member

I got confirmation about it being shown on their side also, but nothing about this new policy (which sounds very problematic). Fortunately, most insurance companies can issue a certificate valid next day, so should still be sufficient, just annoying. Hopefully people made note of their VINs, as I don't think they are changing.

• Like x 1
  4. ZooSean

ZooSean ZOO

Today they just blocked 1888 calls , only says “we are busy thank you bye”

• Funny x 1
  5. canucksnaphook

Talked to Tesla Oakville (not about VIN...was not worried but maybe I shuould be....) . anyways guy named Rammy. Super nice, and helpful.

Customer service as it should be. My DA is named Sam.

6. navguy12

navguy12 Member

Use a known good VIN from these forums to do your staff checking.

You will get real world quotes with it, even though it's not your actual VIN.

Once I received my VIN, I contacted my insurance company via Web chat and 10 minutes later the PDF of my temporary insurance "pink sheet" was emailed to me.

• Informative x 1
  7. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

WOW.....what an announcement.

They had to know the calls would come flooding in.

My company has an special announcement that would play before you get to a human.....in case we had a huge announcement we wanted everyone to know about.

BTW....how did you get Tesla's blocked count numbers? That's a violation on many levels.

• Disagree x 1
  8. Padfutonian

Padfutonian Member

If you try and checkout a wall connector, your vin should show up there.

I have a vin there even though I have never been assigned one before.

0296xx

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

Pick a VIN......any VIN.

10. AFGTA

AFGTA Member

I traded e-mails with my DS this morning regarding the VIN issue, she said she can still see the VIN from her end and not to worry, its just a system glitch.

Also just got the call from Nevada to discuss my config and delivery date. They tentatively have me scheduled for June 4th, with happens to be the day I leave on a business trip, oddly enough to Nevada! Asked if there was any way they could move it up so I can take delivery before I go away, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Cheers!

11. noicepls

noicepls Member

Not finding this Tesla's shenanigan so funny right now.
    Maybe all those who've been waiting for VIN assignment but still have not been, should look up in their wall connector shopping cart to see if they have one! Just a thought.

12. canucksnaphook

Congrats !!

13. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I cant speak for the poster but I read it as Tesla blocked 1-888 number rather than 1888 calls.

14. Felvy

Felvy Member

Your financing details ever come back? I asked my ISA to unlock financing and it changed from finalized as cash to incomplete but still no application.

15. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

LOL - what a faux-paus.

That makes more sense.

16. kmcdds

kmcdds Member

Gave me heart palpitations this morning when my VIN had disappeared. I'm in Ontario and we have a generous provincial rebate ($14K on the car and up to $1K on the wall connector and it's installation) which looks like it will disappear after the June 7 Provincial election, so we're all in a race to get the delivery ASAP. Tesla is well aware of this. Apparently the VIN will reappear once we get close to the delivery date.

17. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

#57 03DSG, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    This morning payment turned amber, incomplete, application in process. This is after finalizing this all last week, accepting their terms, and being green and complete.
    I emailed my finance guy and now its green again. So back to all green and Complete. EXCEPT for the disappearing VIN.

As I was typing this I got a call from 510 Area code....Apparently I have an appointment at 11:30 June 5'th :)

• Like x 1
  18. Felvy

Felvy Member

Jealous! I've been emailing my ISA over the last 24H to get it unlocked and not heard anything back. Tried Oakville on the phone a few times and nothing. Probably call him later on tonight if not heard.

19. firelegend

firelegend Member

I don't and I tried, configured in the 4/18 batch but I configed like a week after getting it.

Shows RN!

Attached Files:

20. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

I found out this morning it is gone too. Call Tesla US that my VIN# still on their recorder. Told me not to worry. I have no idea why this happens to so many accounts. It seems not just me alone.