TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC will be going down for maintenance at 9:00PM EST (02:00 UTC).
    Click here for more info.

Wake up with VIN disappeared Room

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ZooSean, May 18, 2018.

1. canucksnaphook

Many accounts have had it. If it makes you feel better, I lost my VIN this morning....and got a delivery appointment set this afternoon. GOOD LUCK !

2. Rchan88

Rchan88 Member

Thanks you! That helps.

3. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Active Member

I configured today and am waiting to get my financing. If I go to purchase a wall connector I see a different number there than my reservation number. Is that a VIN? It’s not a very long number.

4. Veedio

Veedio Member

That’s your VIN. They only show the last 5 digits.

5. Darthbenji

Darthbenji Active Member

Could this mean I’ll get it sooner than 8 weeks?

6. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

hey guys - if your vin has disappeared, have you signed any paperwork from Tesla?
    Really should read the docs BEFORE you sign them :rolleyes:
    Right there on page one of your purchase agreement - your VIN
    Right there on page two of your purchase agreement, under description of property - your VIN
    Also on your trade in doc if you're doing that
    Also on your delivery declaration

Panic over, you can get your insurance etc etc
    Nothing to see here. Move along, move along

• Like x 1
  7. noicepls

noicepls Member

#67 noicepls, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    What's the proper name/title of the purchase agreement document and does it specify name(s) of owner(s) and not just the name of the individual who ordered the car? Also, what's this delivery declaration document say? Most (if not all) of us here have not experienced an actual Model 3 delivery yet, hence the unknowns! Can you upload redacted copy of your purchase agreement?

• Like x 1
  8. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

It’s the motor vehicle purchase agreement.
    You’ll get a simple version as soon as you order.
    But as when you get your vin and your ISA contacts you they will send your agreement doc for you to sign.
    That’s the doc with your vin.
    I was getting a loan so had to send that same doc to the bank to finalize the loan, so the vin must be locked in at that point.

• Like x 1
  9. Buggle

Buggle Member

I wouldn't mind you posted a redacted version of that as well. I have a purchase order agreement and a VIN#, but no contact from anyone. The purchase order agreement has signature lines at the bottom, but there's no evident way of signing then uploading them somewhere.

• Like x 1