Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waking the Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looking to see if anyone else is having this behavior. Model x will wake up when the app is open but only if the x was on lately. Seems like after 8 or so hours, presuming after x goes to sleep, the x will have a vehicle connection error on the app. Only way to get the x to connect to app is press one of the door handles or unlock via car remote.

looking to see if anyone else is having this behavior. Model x will wake up when the app is open but only if the x was on lately. Seems like after 8 or so hours, presuming after x goes to sleep, the x will have a vehicle connection error on the app. Only way to get the x to connect to app is press one of the door handles or unlock via car remote.

Yah started to see that too recently had to reboot mcu or power up car for it to go away

Ap2.5 Mcu1 on 20.1

Yah started to see that too recently had to reboot mcu or power up car for it to go away

Ap2.5 Mcu1 on 20.1

Thanks, it’s done this on the last couple iterations of software, done the reboots and power cycles. I had my mcu replaced 6 months ago, just finding this behavior frustrating; my x isn’t a daily driver.

I have 2.5 MCU 2, I’m still on 16.2...I have mobile service out next week for the voice command button not working, I’ll see what they say

The app has always been flaky for me. Some days the app just refuses to connect to my X. Then it starts working again out of the blue. Was really bad until I installed a WiFi access point within about 10 feet of my X - that seemed to help. Has been this way since new and have not noticed better or worse related to any software version. My X about a year old.

Reactions: oliver4ever