Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk-around video / Delivery checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should have posted here instead of the others, delete if this isn't allowed.

Hey folks! Just picked up my Model Y Perf with the PUP last week - noticed a few issues and made a checklist as a result.

let me know what you guys think?

Tesla Delivery Checklist

Also, here is my walk-through video:

Pic attached ;)

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 68
Video thumbnail needs more red text and questions marks. Maybe thick red arrows and a picture of you with an incredulous look on your face.

Yeah, I had thought about that! Sadly, It appears if I don't have that on the thumbnail, people will dismiss it - viewers like drama ;)

but in all honestly...I have another quick video showing the minor issues I did have. People on here apparently want their cars flawless to accept delivery! I guess I don't blame them except that even other euro-luxury cars have issues and no one seems to care about them.

@cgiGuy - I see you've had two previous Teslas, experiences with their deliveries?

Reactions: rxlawdude
Yeah, I had thought about that! Sadly, It appears if I don't have that on the thumbnail, people will dismiss it - viewers like drama ;)

but in all honestly...I have another quick video showing the minor issues I did have. People on here apparently want their cars flawless to accept delivery! I guess I don't blame them except that even other euro-luxury cars have issues and no one seems to care about them.

@cgiGuy - I see you've had two previous Teslas, experiences with their deliveries?

Fit and finish on my 2013 S60 was near perfect, and anything that wasn't was quickly addressed by the service center (Austin) with no pushback whatsoever. That's not to say it didn't have its problems over a couple years, but I was expecting that and accepted it. Service back then was top notch. They would even come get the car from San Antonio, drop off a loaner and flatbed my car to Austin for service.

My 2015 85D was an inventory model with 5K miles, so it came with a few expected blemishes (and also a $12K discount). The biggest thing was what appeared to be tree sap stains in the paint on the hood and fenders. They offered to have it repainted before I even saw the spots. Again, they (Austin) bent over backwards to try to address any problems.

I'm a sad to hear stories of service centers that seem to really not care any more. Makes me question whether I'll get another Tesla when I get back to the states.

Reactions: AKTech.it
I don't blame them except that even other euro-luxury cars have issues and no one seems to care about them.
Actually I do blame Tesla for this self inflicted pain. People have now become super sensitive because of the poor quality first builds that were sent out with glaring issues. Now people taking deliveries have now started noticing issues that they won't even care about in the past. Unfortunately, Tesla has now built a reputation of sending out poorly put together cars in the beginning. Its unclear when this would finally improve but for now, its very much there but improving from what we can see in the new deliveries. So yeah, lets make Semis and rockets, Pie in the sky "Self driving", charge you $60K but sorry we cannot get our act together on the paint job and other Quality control aspects of our current production cars.

I just tried to pick up my Model Y on Saturday, but ended up refusing delivery. /
That's the right thing to do (regardless of whether this is considered excessive or not). I cannot believe they were trying to sell you a car with that many issues. I will probably do the same. First, its just a car. You can get another MY later unless you are out of lease and desperately need one right now. Second, it would send a msg to Tesla (at some level) that people are refusing cars due to build quality. The more people do the faster they will improve. The "I need the new car now and I don't care about superficial flaws" crowd will die down eventually and then then Tesla will have a hard time selling these if the issues remain.

Last edited:
Actually I do blame Tesla for this self inflicted pain. People have now become super sensitive because of the poor quality first builds that were sent out with glaring issues. Now people taking deliveries have now started noticing issues that they won't even care about in the past. Unfortunately, Tesla has now built a reputation of sending out poorly put together cars in the beginning. Its unclear when this would finally improve but for now, its very much there but improving from what we can see in the new deliveries. So yeah, lets make Semis and rockets, Pie in the sky "Self driving", charge you $60K but sorry we cannot get our act together on the paint job and other Quality control aspects of our current production cars.

Sorry, I mean't I don't blame the people checking the quality issues, not Tesla. It is most definitely Tesla's fault for all the QC issues.

@AKTech.it
Thanks for the list. Already printed out , will use it for my delivery.

Need a favor from you if you don't mind.

I am planning to order some PPF and tint film. Could you help measure the front fender, driver window, and trunk window dimensions (Length and width)? Thank you!

@AKTech.it
Thanks for the list. Already printed out , will use it for my delivery.

Need a favor from you if you don't mind.

I am planning to order some PPF and tint film. Could you help measure the front fender, driver window, and trunk window dimensions (Length and width)? Thank you!
Yes, definitely can help you measure but my advice is to order a bulk roll if possible? If not, you can get pre-cut pieces from 3M here: Model Y Paint and Surface Protection