Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger overheating again....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same problem with mine charging drops to 32 A. Unit was a -F version. Sent a text in the Tesla support chat room and they replied that they will send me a new one under warranty. Thanks for the great detail in this post.

I sent texted them the Part #, Serial #, SW Ver, and Lifetime data. They will send a new one and I will send the old one back in the box that the new one came in. Only need to replace the faceplate so, no electrical work required. Replacing a Gen 3 Wall Connector

Reactions: RNHurt
Hello! A few months ago I was getting three red lights while the car was charging but slowly. I installed new firmware and that did the trick. Started happening again today, logged online w/ the charger showed no new updates so did an offline update and resintalled firmware. Worked for about 20 minutes now its overheating again.

Anyone dealt with this

Hello! A few months ago I was getting three red lights while the car was charging but slowly. I installed new firmware and that did the trick. Started happening again today, logged online w/ the charger showed no new updates so did an offline update and resintalled firmware. Worked for about 20 minutes now its overheating again.

Anyone dealt with this lately?
Yes. Called Tesla Support, 877-961-7652. They tested the charger over the internet, determined it was defective and sent me a new one. Just finished installing.

Reactions: RNHurt