Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector disappears from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went thru registration and setup procedure with QR code after my Gen3 Wall Connector was installed 3 months ago. It showed in the app, and all was fine.

Last night, I tried to find charging history in the app, but couldn't find the Wall Connector under My Home. After digging around to find the Quick Start Guide with the QR code, I went to Add Product in the app and added it back. I got a message that it was already registered to my account. Then I got a Network Error disconnecting from Wall Connector, and had to manually reconnect to my home wifi on my phone. But after all that, the Wall Connector was back on the app and I downloaded charge history.

This morning, the Wall Connector is gone from the app again.

Anyone have this problem or know how to keep it on the app?

I think I figured it out. Apparently the app can't see the Wall Connector when the car is plugged in.

I follow Elon's recommendation of keeping the car plugged in all the time, so when I tried to see the charging history, it wasn't there in the app, When I unplugged it to re-add the WC to the app, I didn't wait long enough for it to reconnect.

Today, I unplugged it and let it sit for a few minutes, and it showed up on the app without further intervention.

Do you use their router or your own? There might be a mtu packet size seating that isn’t optimal.
My own Nighthawk router, but their cable/phone modem. The router is getting kind of old; I've been considering replacing it.

I started seing increased failures and slow responses from Google Assistant, and lags on YouTube TV displaying FF & REW thumbnails and resuming play, about when I switched from Spectrum's 75Gb service to their 300Gb service. I noticed something on their service description about a limit on number of devices. I don't know what that means; I certainly have more devices than their limit when I include the various thermostats, sensors, smart bulbs, cameras, etc.

Since I tried to reregister the Wall Connector, it's been showing up in the app most of time. It disappeared at least once, but came back on its own a while later. At least one charging session seems to be missing from the Charging History on the Home tab of the app.

My own Nighthawk router, but their cable/phone modem. The router is getting kind of old; I've been considering replacing it.

I started seing increased failures and slow responses from Google Assistant, and lags on YouTube TV displaying FF & REW thumbnails and resuming play, about when I switched from Spectrum's 75Gb service to their 300Gb service. I noticed something on their service description about a limit on number of devices. I don't know what that means; I certainly have more devices than their limit when I include the various thermostats, sensors, smart bulbs, cameras, etc.

Since I tried to reregister the Wall Connector, it's been showing up in the app most of time. It disappeared at least once, but came back on its own a while later. At least one charging session seems to be missing from the Charging History on the Home tab of the app.
I don’t think they can limit devices on your router. It’s more a speed thing or if you are using their router. Id call in to support or chat online and ask about MTU setting and then find how to change that in your router. The switch in service would be seamless with their router as they push those changes remotely. With your router, they can’t do that and you’d need to manually do tweaks that they won’t tell you about unless you ask. Ha this experience at work when switching service providers but using same router. Might be more extreme with different providers (certain websites wouldn’t work at all) but worth checking into just in case.