Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Installer for Salem, OR area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have sent out requests for all of the Tesla preferred installers in my area, and only Smart Charge America has responded with a quote so far. I have searched this site and only found Smart Charge America mentioned in threads for Austin, TX. They quoted me $2,784.53 which seems high to me. The run is less than 50', no trenching, and easy access to the garage through the basement. Price includes $495.00 Tesla charger. I have also received on quote from a local electrician on Angi which was lower, but I wasn't convinced he has much experience with this. I am not a professional electrician and probably overthinking this. Does anyone on here have experience with an installer for the Salem, OR area? Thanks!

One doesn't really need much experience to install a wall charger. Its actually easier than a 14-50, in that there's one less wire to connect and you don't need an electrical box or outlet or GFCI breaker.

$2784 is a total ripoff. Don't go with them! Heck, I'd entertain flying cross country($320 roundtrip!) to do it myself at that price, not that I'm licensed anywhere for electrical work.