Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector not recording as “Home Charging”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just installed a wall connector in my garage and everything works fine except my app does not seem to recognize that the wall connector is in my house and when I use it to charge, the app registers it as “Other” and calculates the usage and pricing incorrectly. I can’t find a way to fix this. Anyone seen this before?

I did, I dont know if it takes a while to update but it didn't immediately take effect... might take a couple days I guess?
Had the same problem if you look at locate your vehicle in the app if the address is different just set it to what's displayed in there. I had to set my house number to 33 instead of 41 in the car's home location and that fixed my charging stats in the app.

unfortunately it did not. I just set the other kw setting to the same price as my normal rate so they calculate correctly. I noticed and fixed it pretty quickly though so it was only a couple days of data. it has been good since though

1648061204253.png

Yeah its no big deal as the pricing only varies slightly, and its only been a day... but I was just wondering. I'll see if this works and ill report back, I never reallyt cared about recording the cost of gas (mainly because I was scared to, haha) but its cool to be able to "see" how much you "save" with electricity

Just got my garage wired today. They've been having trouble digging the trench because everything is so wet and my garage is 120ft from the house. Finally I'm charging at 48amps. There goes my gas savings for the year because it cost me $4k for the new panel install, trench and charger $600 for the charger. Oh well I've been meaning to hook up my garage for the longest time. It's 100 years old and only had two wire 110v out there.

Just got my garage wired today. They've been having trouble digging the trench because everything is so wet and my garage is 120ft from the house. Finally I'm charging at 48amps. There goes my gas savings for the year because it cost me $4k for the new panel install, trench and charger $600 for the charger. Oh well I've been meaning to hook up my garage for the longest time. It's 100 years old and only had two wire 110v out there.
Save all of the invoices, cancelled checks. The cost of the electrical panel upgrade and charging circuit install can be applied to your cost basis if and when you sell the property.