Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector temperature readings in Wall Monitor App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My outdoor charger is displaying temperatures of 199.2°F for the PCB and 103.5°F for the handle while it's in use. This is happening on a cloudy day with an external temperature of only 65°F.
Is this within the expected range? I'm beginning to have concerns about the durability and performance of my wall charger.
Handle temperature is fine, PCB temperature is pretty bad. Does it's model number end in -F, by any chance? The good news is HPWCs have a four year warranty.

Handle temperature is fine, PCB temperature is pretty bad. Does it's model number end in -F, by any chance? The good news is HPWCs have a four year warranty.
Is "TPN" the model number? Mine ends with "G."
The charging seems to be functioning properly. However, I'm starting to observe frequent drops in charging speed, which I suspect might be due to overheating. At what stage am I eligible to request warranty service for this issue?

I installed the gen3 wall connector 6 months ago and has been working fine charing at 40A for the whole summer, just recently I got an alert for wall connector temperature high and reduced charging rate to 16A, this alert comes out almost immediately - less than a minute after reaching 40A. I checked the torque and everything is tight, after many emails exchange with support, they agreed to send a new unit, hopefully it will solve the problem, otherwise I am really disappointed, I replaced my dependable 10 years old Clipper Creek with the Tesla connector mainly for the easier plug.

I installed the gen3 wall connector 6 months ago and has been working fine charing at 40A for the whole summer, just recently I got an alert for wall connector temperature high and reduced charging rate to 16A, this alert comes out almost immediately - less than a minute after reaching 40A. I checked the torque and everything is tight, after many emails exchange with support, they agreed to send a new unit, hopefully it will solve the problem, otherwise I am really disappointed, I replaced my dependable 10 years old Clipper Creek with the Tesla connector mainly for the easier plug.
Sounds like bad luck... Wall Connector is pretty reliable overall. I think with a replacement unit everythingg will go back to normal