Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector WebGUI: questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

I've looked at a friend's Wall Connector and I was surprised to find out what follows, so I was wondering if anyone could confirm this:

As you know, Tesla Wall Connector (v3, Europe), as soon as it is powered, generates its wireless network. Once connected to it (192.168.92.1), you can configure it. Among other things, you can make it join your home wifi network, which means obv. that it will acquire a LAN IP address (for example, 10.10.10.11 - just an example).

And here's my question:
Apparently, you cannot access the Wall Connector webgui via 10.10.10.11. A page will come up and tell you that you need to access it via the wall-connector generated wireless network (at the device IP 192.168.92.1). Also, apparently, such wireless network is never disabled: it stays on, as long as the wall connector is active.
Is the above correct?!

This is quite an unusual!

Thank you in advance!

Disclaimer: I’m still waiting for my car so I’ve only been playing a little bit with my Wall Connector.

I believe that you are correct (and also that it’s a bit unusual). To my knowledge, the only thing exposed on the home wifi network is an (unofficial) API where you can gather a bit of status.

Reactions: Taym
So, yes, other sources are confirming this.
That's odd. So, you won't be able to configure the device unless you're physically there and connect to its own WiFi. I am not sure I fully get the reason behind this. Hopefully, this is just due to a developing state of the firmware, and future versions will include a more sophisticated management of the wireless network.

Hi Taym;
I had some weird issues with my Connector also, where after joining it to my home WiFi, no matter which browser on any machine, only the Part/Serial Number would display? Saw your post and looked at mine again, see attachment. Even though it is joined to MY WiFi, have to manage any settings/changes in person using the Wall Connector? As you can see in the pic, that's my IP Address with the Connector telling me to use it's Access Point:192.168.92.1.

Attachments

• Wall Connector Upload.jpg
    Wall Connector Upload.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 138
Hi Taym;
I had some weird issues with my Connector also, where after joining it to my home WiFi, no matter which browser on any machine, only the Part/Serial Number would display? Saw your post and looked at mine again, see attachment. Even though it is joined to MY WiFi, have to manage any settings/changes in person using the Wall Connector? As you can see in the pic, that's my IP Address with the Connector telling me to use it's Access Point:192.168.92.1.
Yes, that's how it works. Quite surprising for me too, but that's how they've designed it. Its LAN IP cannot be used to access the configuration WebGUI.
It's locally generated WiFi network is never disabled, and you can only access it connecting to it, and then pointing your browser to 192.168.92.1 .

I hope this will be changed at a later time as firmware gets updated.