Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall mart fires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesnt look good for tesla. I love Tesla (the products) but lately I'm getting more and more disappointed in the service (both Solar and service with my car)

More info:

I have a lot of TSLA stock because I love the vision and products but I REALLY hope they will turn these service issues around and start respecting their costumers. (which they clearly don't as I know personally unfortunatly)

Reactions: Doggydogworld
SolarCity is a pretty worthless company, in my opinion. Solar panels can be made cheaper by regular competition and there's no need for a car company like Tesla to build them themselves.

Elon wants to own a solar company, despite not spending much time on it at all, and so think of that 2B purchase as money down the drain for Elon. Its common to make $200 million a year for a top CEO, that's 5 years salary for someone like Elon. Since he only makes 5 million, thats fine.

It is an LLC, so that means if they go bankrupt, it won't affect Tesla more than what they paid for it. They would look bad, but won't go bankrupt from it.

The service is no doubt bad, but there's nothing to redeem them like there is for Tesla. They just make solar panels like everyone else does. So far as we know, they've got no special technology nor are they very good at anything.

Tesla is an energy company, not a car company.

Got a news alert for another small fire at an install in CO. No big problem, but the response from Tesla on these is awful. The quote to the reporter was something like "lighting causes more fires".

That kind of response was what turned a lot of people off to SolarCity and is clearly coming from that legacy culture. MUST be addressed.