Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want Chrome - - Undelete ! ?

Bring back the Chrome trim ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most brands offer a Standard and Deluxe Trim under various names, etc. The Model Y only comes in the Standard Trim apparently.

They can feed a fanboi this claiming it is an upgrade and most will drink that cool-aide.

I think the black trim with the white paint looks really crummy. Doesn't look bad with the darker paint colors. Amazing with black paint.

I think chrome delete is plug ugly - makes the car look dirty. Ok if you don’t like to clean it too often...
Many brands offer black trim in sports versions of their cars. BMW is a good example. This is a design choice to make the car look more sporty and to differentiate a bit from the 3. Having said that, I kinda like the chrome look better for all colors except white and black.

for 2021 M3 Tesla deleted chrome..that's stopping me to get one. i really want chrome back on. I'll wait for few months & hope Tesla at least add that as an option. Now I am also considering Mach-e. I guarantee Tesla removed chrome for cost savings

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
for 2021 M3 Tesla deleted chrome..that's stopping me to get one. i really want chrome back on. I'll wait for few months & hope Tesla at least add that as an option. Now I am also considering Mach-e. I guarantee Tesla removed chrome for cost savings

They removed it because it is ugly. I will gladly peel off my black tape and sell you my chrome M3 with 14k miles so I can replace it with one with chrome delete.

I added extra chrome to back and the wheels of my Model 3. Mmmmm, looks so good! Our Model Y has the poor man's black trim 😭

2021-03-21 19.43.40.jpg

Decided to postpone our Model Y delivery after receiving both an email and call. Tesla rep who called confirmed that selecting chrome trim and door handles was not "currently" an option. Im not a fan of the "chrome delete" look and am willing to wait until its offered. Anyone else prefer the chrome?

PFB
Chrome adds a dash of luxury and contrasting against dark paint (blue, black....etc) is visually pleasant. I'm not a fan of black wheels, black door trims and door handles. Black is just too utilitarian to me.