Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Want your sunroof to open? Tell it to close!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Driving my 2016 75D, AP1, MCU2 this morning I had the sunroof open to 75%. I gave the voice command "close sunroof." The display correctly showed what I had said, then opened the sunroof the rest of the way! I repeated the command, and nothing happened.. So I used the MCU to close the sunroof by pressing the close button. I then again said "close sunroof" and it opened to 75%; I said it again and it opened the rest of the way!

Is this a bug or a hidden Easter egg?

I know of no way of telling Tesla about this. I don't believe the "bug report" accomplishes anything. Live and learn.

Similar to the problem we discussed last fall:

To me, this is just the erosion of the voice command function due to an already overloaded CPU. Simple commands take multiple multiple tries before the system seems to be able to reallocate CPU cycles to process the commands properly. Try using voice to send a text message! Nearly impossible.
My setup is similar to yours.

The voice command to close the sunroof is now working properly with my recent update 2022.36.2
I have noticed that the latest updates to my car has really improved on the voice commands. I can now reliably (85%) of the time voice out a text message or ask the car to play a song. Prior to, it was about 30%. I'm currently on 2022.8.10.5 but I'd say ever since v11 came out, things have been better in this regard.

Reactions: Jimmer