Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WANTED: 2010-2011 Canadian Roadster 2.0/2.5/3.0

OakvilleMYP

Jun 11, 2020
Oakville, ON
I am looking for a roadster, 2010 - 2011.

Any input on what I should be looking for (not looking for) would be great.
I currently have a MYP, and am not familiar with the early Tesla vehicles.
I do know its based on a Lotus, which I am familiar with.

X.l.r.8

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2018
Toronto/Miami
There are no Canadian roadsters available, well there is one for $225,000, you cannot import one, well you physically can but you cannot get a km/hr speedo to make it compliant. As roadsters are $100,000 US now you will be looking north of $130,000 if one ever goes up for sale in Canada, Shift motors who are on your doorstep just sold theirs for 6 figures.

Reactions: cdswm3

OakvilleMYP

Jun 11, 2020
Oakville, ON
There are no Canadian roadsters available, well there is one for $225,000, you cannot import one, well you physically can but you cannot get a km/hr speedo to make it compliant. As roadsters are $100,000 US now you will be looking north of $130,000 if one ever goes up for sale in Canada, Shift motors who are on your doorstep just sold theirs for 6 figures.
I wasn’t interested in the Shift one as it was damaged from what I heard. They had it listed for a year at 90k, the relisted it for 120k and sold it. Good for them, still listed on trader and their website as fish bait.
I replied on the other thread you responded with what I was thinking regarding this, as it seems none are available at the moment. I can wait the hot market out, not in a hurry.

X.l.r.8

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2018
Toronto/Miami
The shift one was an expensive repair rather than a major one, the repair was done by one of the people who have an independent shop now so it’s only issue is it appears on the title. If you find a car, it’s worth checking the archives. There are very few NA cars that have not had a detailed history documented somewhere on the pages, I knew pretty much everything about my car from its first owner to the day I picked it up in Vancouver and drove it home.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC