TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

WANTED: Roadster to Model S adapter

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by nwdiver, Sep 21, 2013.

1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

Also interesting in "Renting" one... If I buy it I'll probably leave it locked to a Roadster HPC in Oregon or N California.

2. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

I think hcsharp is working on one and has a few out for beta testing, but i'm not aware of any for sale yet. Is there some other cable i'm not aware of?

3. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I'm traveling up CA to WA in late October... I have a Model S and I'd like to use the Roadster HPCs that are on I-5 (Unless we get more SCs). So I need to charge a Model S on a Roadster connector not a Roadster on a MS connector.

4. jbadger

jbadger Roadster #506

Gotcha, that makes more sense. All the 70 amp chargers I used on the I-5, at the Rabobanks, were converted to J1772 connectors. Doesn't the Model S come with a J1772 adapter?

Also, I apologize if you are referring to different charging stations. Just trying to make your post more clear to people who may be interested in selling the cables you need.