Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanted: West Coast MS AWD 2015-2016 to buy..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are done waiting for the M3. So we are looking to buy a used 2015-2016 Model S with AWD on the West Coast.
Our wishlist is -
Exterior Color - Blue, Silver, White
If Black or Grey exterior needs to have light interior color...
NO RED
Autopilot
nice to have subzero weather package, but not a must
sunroof - not a must
Price range $50 - 65K
No high mile cars.

Looked at buying a new 75D w/autopilot for $68K after tax, but Tesla says Feb. 2018 delivery. I have been watching the CPO, but not much listed with Tesla currently.

Maple:

See my post for LATE 2014 built P85 with Autopilot. Has low miles only 30,000 miles. Right now AP1 is running better than AP2.
This one can do it all: TACC/ Autosteer/ AutoPark / Summons.
Still has 1+ year left on Tesla full bumper to bumper warranty and
5 more yrs and unlimited miles battery/ drivetrain warranty still in effect.

It is metallic grey exterior ( see pics) IMG_3135.jpg with light grey leather seats and Alcantara headliner. Has Blackvue dashcam forward and back
for continuous monitoring. I am located in SF Bay area. I have pink slip and clean CARFAX shows never
been in accident.
Has sunroof for gazing out but no subzero package.
Asking $63.5k/ OBO . FREE Supercharging for life. PM me if interested.
IMG_6834 2.jpg

Last edited:
We are done waiting for the M3. So we are looking to buy a used 2015-2016 Model S with AWD on the West Coast.
Our wishlist is -
Exterior Color - Blue, Silver, White
If Black or Grey exterior needs to have light interior color...
NO RED
Autopilot
nice to have subzero weather package, but not a must
sunroof - not a must
Price range $50 - 65K
No high mile cars.

Looked at buying a new 75D w/autopilot for $68K after tax, but Tesla says Feb. 2018 delivery. I have been watching the CPO, but not much listed with Tesla currently.

Have a look here: www.teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/pristine-q4-2016-model-s-75d-7700-miles.101643/

View media item 117499

I have a 2015 70D with 32,196 miles.

From the factory
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Deep Blue Metallic Paint
  • Black Next Generation Seats
  • Piano Black Décor
  • Black Alcantara Headliner
  • Premium Interior Package
  • Sub Zero Weather Package
  • All Glass Panoramic Sunroof
  • 19" Silver Cyclone Wheels
Features I gave it.
  • A couple "oops" tiny unnoticeable marks on the paint (both as a result of stupid moments with inanimate objects when I wasn't even in the car). Like when I pushed the wrong button so it opened the rear lift gate in my garage.
  • A tiny oops moment on the back of the drivers seat from when I loaded a sit/stand desk into it
  • Xpel ultimate on the front section and just over the rear bumper area (to load things in without hurting the paint)
  • Chademo charger (I used it a grand total of 2 times)
  • Serviced every year on time at the Bellevue Service Center
Price and location
  • Seattle Area
  • Asking price $62.5K
Note: I have a resale guarantee on it for around the May of 2018 time period, and that's for around $43K (what I'll owe on it at the time). So I'n not particularly motivated to sell unless I made out ahead so hence where the price is. Plus I can't seem to find any CPO ones on Tesla's website to do comparisons to. I enter my zip, but nothing comes up for a 70D or 75D. So it's hard for me to really price it in a fair "both parties win" kind of way.

My plan right now is to trade it in on a Model 3 in late 2018. Or get a new 75D if Tesla does a refresh. Washington state will only charge sales tax based on the value difference between the new car, and the trade in. So my car should reduce my tax liability by around $40K (or whatever Tesla gives me for it at the time). So if I sell it before I have to take that into consideration.

I can't go without a Tesla for very long. I'm too addicted to how it drives, and to the whole entire supercharging network.

Last edited:
reply to S4WRXTTCS

I was trying to research the reduced tax liability with a trade in for Washington state. Some people/websites say yes, you can do it and other say no, you pay tax on new car purchase price. Do you know for sure?

I will look up prices on used 2015 70D. Since I have no idea, because I see more 2015 85D for sale. Tesla has a 2015 85D with 10,000 miles listed for $66,900. Tesla CPO seem high priced, but I do like the warranty with them.

reply to S4WRXTTCS

I was trying to research the reduced tax liability with a trade in for Washington state. Some people/websites say yes, you can do it and other say no, you pay tax on new car purchase price. Do you know for sure?

I will look up prices on used 2015 70D. Since I have no idea, because I see more 2015 85D for sale. Tesla has a 2015 85D with 10,000 miles listed for $66,900. Tesla CPO seem high priced, but I do like the warranty with them.

It ultimately comes down to whether you're leasing your current car or not. If you are then you can't use it to reduce your tax liability. But, if you own or if you're financing your current car then you can.

Here is an example, but it's with Vessels instead of cars. It's essentially the same thing though.
Trade-ins | Washington Department of Revenue

Do you have the link of the 2015 85D?

I'm not seeing it on this link.
Used Inventory | Tesla

It ultimately comes down to whether you're leasing your current car or not. If you are then you can't use it to reduce your tax liability. But, if you own or if you're financing your current car then you can.

Here is an example, but it's with Vessels instead of cars. It's essentially the same thing though.
Trade-ins | Washington Department of Revenue

Do you have the link of the 2015 85D?

I'm not seeing it on this link.
Used Inventory | Tesla

I check this website.
EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings

It's really odd that the car shows up on that site, but doesn't show up on Tesla's site.

Yet, obviously it links back to a Tesla site. So it's as if I'm doing something wrong while searching on Tesla's site.

Here is a direct link to it on the Tesla site.
Used Inventory | Tesla

Edit: Looks like you have to put a zip code in for Orange County to get that car to show up along with lots of others. But, hardly anything shows up for a Seattle zip code.

I don't know what I'd do if I was in your shoes. A lot of the CPO nightmare stories on this site are from people who ordered a CPO and then Tesla shipped it only it wasn't as good as they thought it was going to be.

I'd have a hard time buying a used for that I didn't get to look over. But, at the same time the warranty of the CPO is pretty solid. So I'd be a bit torn.

Keep in mind you can get an extended warranty on a used Tesla in WA state. If I keep the car I'm definitely planning on getting the extended warranty even though its been problem free (aside from a rattle here and there).

Last edited:
Tesla geo-locates your IP address and only shows you a subset of cars at any one time. Try entering different zip codes for other locations.

What bugs me about it is the cars that do show up don't show their location so that it was clear up where they were. It doesn't seem to matter if I enter in a Seattle zip code or a Portland Oregon zip code.

Here is an example of it not showing the location.

85 kWh Performance Model S 5YJSA1H29FFP73450 | Tesla

The one in Cali did show the location.

Quite frankly it's an awful tool.