Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warm Silver Pictures (aka Titanium)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I see pictures, the more I am intrigued. I will have to see it in person. For those who have, how do you feel about the interior. I have been focused on gray on gray with a black headliner for a while now, but this does raise an option for alternative color scheme. Bough I wonder if I would have to give up gray seats for tan to really go with the flow of the car.

That's what I picked : Titanium + Gray next gen seats + Black alcantra headliner.

Had a brown car before, but since that colour was no longer available I quickly went for Titanium. Saw it IRL and that just confirmed it. For my record : it's not gold at all, cause then I would definitely not have picked it.
I always found the tan seats too yellow-ish and don't like that. I like light gray, also in clothing, so that was an obvious choice.

i'll get it 20th August and will try to remember to post some pictures.

• Informative
Reactions: Nosken
Pics of titanium with gray next gen / black headliner?

That's what I picked : Titanium + Gray next gen seats + Black alcantra headliner.

Had a brown car before, but since that colour was no longer available I quickly went for Titanium. Saw it IRL and that just confirmed it. For my record : it's not gold at all, cause then I would definitely not have picked it.
I always found the tan seats too yellow-ish and don't like that. I like light gray, also in clothing, so that was an obvious choice.

i'll get it 20th August and will try to remember to post some pictures.

I would love to see interior and exterior pictures of your car: I'm going to order soon, and am also leaning toward the titanium exterior, gray next gen seats, and black alcantara headliner, with glossy obeche interior trim. I have not seen gray seats with a titanium exterior anywhere. Most titaniums here have tan seats, and several people have speculated that the gray seats would not work well with the titanium exterior. I have difficulty predicting what color combinations will suit my taste without seeing them on the completed car, so it would be very helpful to see pictures of yours.

I have seen the titanium on cars on two occasions, once in a light rain (briefly) and once when I test drove one on a nice summer day at the Dedham (MA) store recently. Walking around the car and looking from different angles, the color changes -- it is a very difficult color to characterize or describe. And I would say, take the photos with a grain of salt. They do show how the color varies, but even so, it looked different in person from how I expected it to look from photos I had seen.
Of course, that could be me.
Not my favorite, so we went with red...and would have preferred the discontinued silver.

Oh, and as for the grey seats. We ordered grey and had planned to get matte obeche. But the sales manager at the store talked us out of it. He said the obeche woods look a lot more brown in the car than they look in the small wall samples, and he cautioned us that we might not like the grey with the brownish wood. I had thought the obeche was essentially black/white so we took his advice and stuck with the piano black. (There were no cars on the lot that day where we could see the obeche.)

I would love to see interior and exterior pictures of your car: I'm going to order soon, and am also leaning toward the titanium exterior, gray next gen seats, and black alcantara headliner, with glossy obeche interior trim. I have not seen gray seats with a titanium exterior anywhere. Most titaniums here have tan seats, and several people have speculated that the gray seats would not work well with the titanium exterior. I have difficulty predicting what color combinations will suit my taste without seeing them on the completed car, so it would be very helpful to see pictures of yours.

Delivery has been postponed for 1 week, so 27th is the new T-Day...

Regarding the color of the seats : I kinda seem to notice that the tan seats look less yellow-ish lately, so I hope I made the right choice. We'll see in 5 days...

Last point : when sitting behind the wheel, you only see the interior, so no combination grey-black-titanium there, only grey-black(-matte obeche wood). And I'm confident from the outside it will look fine too :)

Here are a few pictures.
The seats look somewhat beige because of the lighting in the car and the car being in my garage.
It's raining right now, so I'll post some more with outdoor lighting too.

I like both the titanium and the seats. The inside looks a bit more modern with the grey color, though it might take some tilme for some to adjust to the look.

Tesla.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 18.39.47.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-27 at 18.40.04.png

Thanks for posting pictures. Very nice looking car. And your comment that the gray seats give it a bit more modern look is helpful--I tend to prefer gray in other contexts for the same reason, so your comment helps solidify my judgement that I'll probably prefer it in this context as well. I'll go ahead and order.

Thanks for posting pictures. Very nice looking car. And your comment that the gray seats give it a bit more modern look is helpful--I tend to prefer gray in other contexts for the same reason, so your comment helps solidify my judgement that I'll probably prefer it in this context as well. I'll go ahead and order.

Glad to have been of help. Enjoy the waiting time from now on... :smile:

I don't know why but I don't like it. I'm kind of sad they dropped green and silver ( hoping they will be back ). From current line up Midnight silver and the pearl white & red seems to be best options for me. But then again these things differ from person to person. but nothing beats green for me.