Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning triangle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what this warning triangle on the usage graph means?
IMG_1667.JPG

The triangle at the bottom of the energy graph indicates that your Regenerative Braking is limited due to the battery being cold or that you have fully charged the battery. Regen has to have somewhere to put the charge, and a full or cold battery can't accept any power. Thus the warning, since it will feel different when you let off the accelerator.

• Informative
Reactions: arcus
The triangle at the bottom of the energy graph indicates that your Regenerative Braking is limited due to the battery being cold or that you have fully charged the battery. Regen has to have somewhere to put the charge, and a full or cold battery can't accept any power. Thus the warning, since it will feel different when you let off the accelerator.

Good to know. Thanks for the explanation.

I have seen the triangle appear just as the regen limit due to cold weather is going away. Typically, the energy graph looks like lymex2017's picture above, with just the dashed lines on the bottom (and sometimes top) of the energy display. As the battery warms up, the lines go away, and then just around when they disappear I have seen the triangle. It comes and goes though, so I can't say for sure what triggers it.