Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was chilling in the car, everything turns off and starts blowing air?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in the y, plugged in, in the backseat, chilling and hanging out.

The outside air was 30°, but since my car is black it was nice and warm. The HVAC and heater was turned off but the screen was left on as i was listening to music.

Every 10 or 15 minutes or so, the screen would randomly shut off, and the car would start blowing cold air. Why is that? Is there any way to stop it from happening?

If i step on the pedal, the air would stop blowing cold air and the screen came back on.

I believe the car shuts off after 10-15min because there's no one in the front seats maybe? I know the car dries the AC evaporator when it "shuts off" to prevent bad odors. I suggest leaving one of the doors open/not quite latched properly or putting "keep climate on" while you're in the car.

Reach over and push down on the driver seat. It triggers the occupancy sensor and activates the car.

The blowing the air does exactly what poster above said: dries put the vents to reduce the musky air from the AC condenser lines.