Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was the Joe Rogan interview a set up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching the interview. Half hour to go and I can’t get past the idea that this seems like Joe Rogan actually setup Elon to intentionally ruin his reputation and hurt Tesla as a result. First of all he messes up Elon’s judgement early by offering him whisky multiple times. Then after a couple drinks at some point he makes a remark to Elon about how “mushrooms are cool” Almost goading him to agree on video. (Thankfully Elon Just responds “yeah they’re delicious”). Then finally at the end (I’ve heard. Haven’t gotten to that part yet) Joe gets him to try smoking a Marijuana laced cigar. This really really feels like Joe Rogan intentionally set up Elon with the hopes that he would fall for it, use drugs on video and ruin his reputation. What convinces me even more is that he seems capable of it because he strikes me as an In your face jerk/high school bully type.

Elon's emotional maturity is pretty low, and Joe was able to manipulate him very easily, but the little puff Elon took wasn't even hitting his lungs, so this whole thing is bullshit and just a clickity bait win for Rogan.

The bigger issue is the MsM ass clown reaction, further re-enforcing my distain for the MsM, lots of cool dialog around AI and other stuff, and their focus is on a puff of a cigar laced with weed. F'em. and if Rogan did exploit Elon, F him too..

The interview has helped Elon's likability, not hurt it. The media portrayed it one way, which was OMG Elon the CEO smoked pot. But for most people that watched the whole interview, they got a dose of braingasm. The interview showed how intellectual Elon really is, it was a rare glimpse inside his genius mind. Most importantly it showed Elon is human like us, rather than some billionaire snob who never misspeak a word.

Over 6 million views in less than 48 hours. 200k likes to 4.1k dislikes, that comes out to 2% of the people who had an issue with it. Honestly this interview helped Elon and his brands. If you watch the comments section, people who were not Elon/Tesla fans are actually attacking the media for making such a big deal out of the smoke. I don't feel Joe set him up. If anything, Joe made Elon look more like "one of us".

• Disagree
Reactions: Stirfelt
The interview has helped Elon's likability, not hurt it. The media portrayed it one way, which was OMG Elon the CEO smoked pot. But for most people that watched the whole interview, they got a dose of braingasm. The interview showed how intellectual Elon really is, it was a rare glimpse inside his genius mind. Most importantly it showed Elon is human like us, rather than some billionaire snob who never misspeak a word.

Over 6 million views in less than 48 hours. 200k likes to 4.1k dislikes, that comes out to 2% of the people who had an issue with it. Honestly this interview helped Elon and his brands. If you watch the comments section, people who were not Elon/Tesla fans are actually attacking the media for making such a big deal out of the smoke. I don't feel Joe set him up. If anything, Joe made Elon look more like "one of us".

Status
Not open for further replies.