Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was this a grid event?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking over my Powerwall graphs tonight when I noticed my battery was at a fairly low state of charge; Much lower than it usually is at this same time in the evening…

That’s when I noticed that the live graphic was showing my powerwall discharging to the grid at it’s max rate of 5.8kw.

I’d never seen that before.

It did this for almost exactly 1 hour between 8-9pm tonight, and during that same time my house was drawing 0.4kw so I know all that battery discharge wasn’t going to the house.

I’m signed up for the virtual powerplant and to help during grid events to supplement power to PG&E if they need it, but I was also told that there would be previous notice before they took power, and there was none… There was also no event listed in the event log (where they show power outtage events)

Was this actually a grid event? Did Anyone else in the VPP in the SF Eastbay (PG&E) program get one too? Would there be any other reason for my powerwall to discharge at its max rate to the grid for an hour?

Confused…

Last edited:
I was looking over my Powerwall graphs tonight when I noticed my battery was at a fairly low state of charge; Much lower than it usually is at this same time in the evening…

That’s when I noticed that the live graphic was showing my powerwall discharging to the grid at it’s max rate of 5.8kw.

I’d never seen that before.

It did this for almost exactly 1 hour between 8-9pm tonight, and during that same time my house was drawing 0.4kw so I know all that battery discharge wasn’t going to the house.

I’m signed up for the virtual powerplant and to help during grid events to supplement power to PG&E if they need it, but I was also told that there would be previous notice before they took power, and there was none… There was also no event listed in the event log (where they show power outtage events)

Was this actually a grid event? Did Anyone else in the VPP in the SF Eastbay (PG&E) program get one too? Would there be any other reason for my powerwall to discharge at its max rate to the grid for an hour?

Confused…
Amazing and cool
You think these utilities have tight and accurate communications? I’m not surprised by rhe no heads up even if there are contracts binding them.
Also shows you how dependent the utilities will become on VPP. VPPs arrival could not happen at Better time for the grid.
Little guys helping the grid survive.