Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washing Model 3 in below 32 degrees

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have never tried the waterless wash. Something about rubbing dirt around on the paint doesn't sit well with me. Maybe for a quick detail but I don't see how this can be better than using a pressure washer to blast off and away the heavy particles before even starting to wash? I know people swear by it, and it makes sense in freezing situations, but is it actually better?

Change my mind!

I agree, I'm all for waterless washes but not going to risk the scratches if the car is dirty enough. I think many people who use waterless washes might wash their cars often enough where it doesn't build up as much dirt since it's quick and can be done in 10-15 mins. ONR and Chemical Guy's V07 are my favorites but if my car is dirty enough I always give it a traditional wash first. Then wipe to dry with a waterless wash or detailer sprayed on the cloth.

Thank you, at least I'm not the only one. I was thinking more salt=corrosion at the time and my car looking terribly dirty compare to everyone else.

Door handle opened with a stronger push, not that hard. Also charge cable charged at 16amps till I fiddled with it to get the lock working.
Yeah. I saw the salt and recently paid $20/mo for unlimited brushless washes. I did not use it for 3 days ... salt freaks me out when on for a long time. I set climate to high and charged the car a bit. My handles open after that but the Stats app is reporting 25 degrees outside the car while in my garage.