Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Super Charger Needed how do you ask for one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A super charger is needed on Bainbridge Island or Kitsap peninsula. If you are traveling from Port Townsend, WA to Olympia, WA it could be 106 miles to 150+ if you take the ferry via Seattle. If you drive around the peninsula and island you might find yourself like me, facing a bout of range anxiety when you get home with only 3% battery after the level 2 charger at the Tacoma mall stopped working on you! There on no super chargers in this area of Washington state, makes for exploring really hard. I was wondering if there is a way to ask, or suggest for a super charger be added to an area? With more and more 3’s and S/X’s on Washington’s roads we really could use more chargers. Tacoma and Olympia have been “coming soon” for 2 years now with no permit or work started, so we have a big hole in our coverage. There has been a SC added to Seattle but its right downtown and most people want to avoid that area if they can help it. Dates on charges that are coming soon, would be nice too. 2 years is no longer soon but a some day.

Your best bet is to know a business owner or land owner of a large mall. Then ask them to contact [email protected] or submit the information here:
Charging Partners | Tesla

Barring that, start a Tesla rally to some remote locations, getting hundreds of owners to drive there (like the Custer, SD rally), blow a few utility circuits and then in a few years Tesla will consider installing a SC.;):confused::rolleyes:

FYI, I agree completely. Tacoma (a crossroad) should have been done years ago, but it seems like that place is an absolute mess, being under construction EVERY a time I’ve been through there in the last 50 years!!!! Auburn is coming soon, but there still needs to be something near Bremerton or Port Orchard. I was on the Peninsula less than two weeks ago, but fortunately I have access to a 14-50 plug while I’m there, otherwise I would have never made the trip.

Until Auburn is open, you can use the free ChaDeMo outside of the ChocMo restaurant in Paulsbo.

ChaDeMo at ChocMo Poulsbo WA.jpg

This was the state of construction at Auburn around 8/3/2019

Tesla Supercharger at Auburn WA.jpg

This route is very relevant to my interests :) There are a handful of L2 chargers scattered around Port Townsend although it looks like one at the Maritime Center is gone now. I once talked to a guy who said he worked with the local utility department while I was charging at the Co-op. He said they were aware the city needed more chargers and were looking into it. That was two years ago though.

The Tumwater SC is open now, but there's still a 'coming soon' pin for Olympia. The Longview pin disappear right when the Kelso SC opened up.

I was hoping that a Supercharger would be installed at the Naval Undersea Museum at Keyport Washington. It is a short drive from Highway 3. It would offer something to do while charging and be available to folks commuting to the Naval Station there.

I was hoping that a Supercharger would be installed at the Naval Undersea Museum at Keyport Washington. It is a short drive from Highway 3. It would offer something to do while charging and be available to folks commuting to the Naval Station there.
Interesting idea, though unless there are 24/7 bathrooms, it’s less than ideal. Perhaps more likely is Kitsap Mall in Silverdale or Sedgwick rd, Port Orchard. You can send a suggestion to [email protected] or something like that. Provide address, contact, and maybe pictures or satellite images can help. I did that for Cranbrook, BC and they actually chose the exact location that I proposed, only three years later.🤷‍♂️

Interesting idea, though unless there are 24/7 bathrooms, it’s less than ideal. Perhaps more likely is Kitsap Mall in Silverdale or Sedgwick rd, Port Orchard. You can send a suggestion to [email protected] or something like that. Provide address, contact, and maybe pictures or satellite images can help. I did that for Cranbrook, BC and they actually chose the exact location that I proposed, only three years later.🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the information. I have just returned from the Wall Mart store in Poulsbo. A new Electrify America Charger has just went on line in that location. This should be helpful for folks coming off the Peninsula heading south.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf