Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water leak in 2013 Model S with no roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Tesla S with no roof that is currently leaking. Any ideas where it might be coming from? Here are some photos. This vehicle has 40k on it and has never been in an accident. Garaged all it's life. The top part is an old water stain that never seems to be wet. The part where my finger is pointing is the only part where I can feel it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    426.4 KB · Views: 926
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    392.8 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    509.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    378.4 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0627.JPG
    IMG_0627.JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 459
Yes, mine had the same issue. There is a seal there that goes back and it leaks through the rear. I found it because my car was in an accident and that area was repaired, so they looked at it out of caution vs the warranty they offered on the repairs. I now know it to be unrelated, but they did fix it for me.

Exact same leak in my 2013 TMS, starting Wednesday. Starts by the light, and flows backwards and down the c-pillar. I have the pano roof, but I’ve tested all the drains and gaskets, all look fine. An update would be nice!

I just bought a used 2015 Model S 85 "no roof" and it has this very leak. What did it end up costing to repair? I don't have a warranty so I'm looking at a ball-park to plan for when it goes into service in two weeks. It rained on the day I bought it, and by the time I noticed the stain it was already dry, so I wasn't sure if it was an old repaired leak stain that I just hadn't seen, or a new leak. I poured pitchers of water all over the roof and no leak, so I took it through a cheap basic car wash to see if it leaked again and it did per the other picture. So my guess is it's coming in somewhere near the front and channeling down to the back light? Anyway, any information you could all give would be great, in case it's something I can repair myself.

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_162310.jpg
    IMG_20200730_162310.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_20200725_134116.jpg
    IMG_20200725_134116.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 315
I just bought a used 2015 Model S 85 "no roof" and it has this very leak. What did it end up costing to repair? I don't have a warranty so I'm looking at a ball-park to plan for when it goes into service in two weeks. It rained on the day I bought it, and by the time I noticed the stain it was already dry, so I wasn't sure if it was an old repaired leak stain that I just hadn't seen, or a new leak. I poured pitchers of water all over the roof and no leak, so I took it through a cheap basic car wash to see if it leaked again and it did per the other picture. So my guess is it's coming in somewhere near the front and channeling down to the back light? Anyway, any information you could all give would be great, in case it's something I can repair myself.
You’ll need to take it to a body shop. Have them remove the chrome and replace it with properly sealing attached. That was the repair for mine. No pricing because it was warranty. Probably around $1500? Those stains won’t come out of that type of headliner. I have Alcantara and once dried you can’t tell there was leaking.

My 2014 P 85 no roof is in the shop now for the same type of water leak. It rained super hard over the weekend and water came pouring through the driver side close to the mirror light fixture. The Tesla mechanic said it was my roof soundproof seals at first. He called today and said it is the windshield seal.

I have a 2013 Tesla S with no roof that is currently leaking. Any ideas where it might be coming from? Here are some photos. This vehicle has 40k on it and has never been in an accident. Garaged all it's life. The top part is an old water stain that never seems to be wet. The part where my finger is pointing is the only part where I can feel it. Any ideas?
Any update on this??