Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water leak inside the Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see a water leak inside the trunk and it’s coming out of those door stopper or adjusters (I don’t know what it’s called). The car is only 4 weeks old. Anyone come across something like this. I am sure the SC is going to make me run around before they figure out the issue

Attachments

• AC88B054-2210-4AE5-8274-9C627A99FBCC.jpeg
    AC88B054-2210-4AE5-8274-9C627A99FBCC.jpeg
    815.8 KB · Views: 309
  • F7C8E6FF-1B44-4CF3-B9D1-7A2C5EBADA42.jpeg
    F7C8E6FF-1B44-4CF3-B9D1-7A2C5EBADA42.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 185
I see a water leak inside the trunk and it’s coming out of those door stopper or adjusters (I don’t know what it’s called). The car is only 4 weeks old. Anyone come across something like this. I am sure the SC is going to make me run around before they figure out the issue
See this thread, it sounds like a number of us with recently received vehicles are having the same issue. Getting Tesla to acknowledge and fix has been painful.

Reactions: anapon
See this thread, it sounds like a number of us with recently received vehicles are having the same issue. Getting Tesla to acknowledge and fix has been painful.
thanks.. i have an appointment tomorrow. i will talk to the SA after dropping the car. i am going to show him the issue. they are like robots.. they dont listen at all.. i believe my issue is this one. I am going to ask them to look at the below fix. my car only 4 weeks old. austin build.

Performed water test and water present in tailgate. Removed tailgate trim and performed test for leakage . Found seams behind tailgate lamps leaking. Sealed body seams and reinstalled tail lamps (inner) . Retested and no leakage detected. cleaned water from tailgate area. Verified Proper Sealing.
Correction: General Diagnosis
Correction: Clean Up Water Ingress
Correction: Exterior Component/Panel/Glass Adjustment - 0.6"

Quick update for those suffering from this issue. Tesla released a service bulletin that should take care of the problem in just 1 visit to the SC! I hope this helps some of you get quick resolution of the problem.

1682966878643.png

Attachments

• SB-23-10-003_Reseal_Liftgate_Assembly_to_Prevent_Water_Ingress_R2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 669
  • Love
Reactions: Stach and anapon