TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

We did it!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by NoMoGasBro, Apr 28, 2017.

1. NoMoGasBro

NoMoGasBro Woman who owns a P100D!

After catching another one of you beautiful Tesla owners at the supercharger again today this time with my son. I can happily say that we've done it!! We just placed our order! And the fact that I didn't even need the overnight test drive to convince me is wonderful and we decided to go with a custom car. Spec as follows:
    2017 Model S
    P100D
    Pearl White
    Enchanced AutoPilot
    Full Self Driving Capabilities
    Carbon Fiber Decor
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    Ultra White Seats
    Black Alcantara Headlinear
    Premium Upgrades Package
    Premium Sound (Name change?)
    Subzero Weather Package
    High Amperage Charger (Standard)
    Smart Air Suspension
    Panoramic Sunroof
    21'inch Silver Turbirne Wheels

And I'm super excited!!! To be joining the Tesla family... 2 drives is all it took!:D

• Like x 25
    • Love x 1
  2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

Nice configuration. Welcome to the rocket ship club.

3. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

P100D you suck!!! Haha! I'm still currently a window shopper, hope to be posting a thread like this some day!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Congrats, and yes, they changed the upgraded sound package to 'Premium' in all the changes last week or so. Perhaps so no one could complain about the (lack of) high fidelity. ;)

5. NoMoGasBro

Thanks!!!

6. NoMoGasBro

lol!!! Duracell is on its way!! (Already named it tooo!!!:D) Trust me you will be posting a thread like this sooner than later!!;)

• Like x 1
  7. NoMoGasBro

Thank's for the clarification! I knew it was totally different than before! I knew I wasn't going crazy and think Ultra High Fidelity Sound was just made up!

8. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Member

Well, I've got you beat, NoMo: I ordered mine after a ONE-MINUTE RIDE. Never even got to drive one. My first time behind the wheel was after I signed the paperwork and dropped off our old car and picked up Serenity.

Now you wait....

• Like x 2
  9. tpham07

tpham07 Member

Fully Loaded P100D? life goals for me man, life goals. congrats haha.

• Like x 1
  10. Zetopan

Zetopan Member

Unless your normal driving routes involve ramped curbs and no potholes, you likely should have selected the 19 inch wheels, since the 21 inch wheels are *extremely* easy to damage and quite costly to replace.

11. JPUConn

JPUConn Member

Unless you plan on keeping the car for a while, I'd hedge the bet on full self driving and put the $3k into June 16 TSLA 350 options or something of that sort.

• Like x 1
  12. NoMoGasBro

I don't really like the look of the Slipstream wheels.. The Cyclones look good but I think the Turbines look really good! That why I choose them! Hopefully I don't regret my decision. I still have time to change the order anyways! So I'll think about it!

13. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

Congrats NoMo, I know your excitement.....enjoy it!
    Follow your instincts and stick with the 21 Turbines......I have no regrets whatsoever (despite a couple of pot hole blows).
    No test drive at all for me, and 9 months from the S delivery, I ordered an X to go with it. Be warned.;)

• Like x 1
  14. NoMoGasBro

I've seen tons of Model S with the Turbines and they make my knees weak! And now my son is begging for a Model S at only 14! He says he just wants a CPO 70D with Premium Upgrades Package, Sunroof, Air Suspension, Autopilot, and the Upgraded Sound! :)

• Like x 2
  15. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Offer him a used Nissan Leaf instead?

I really don't think it's wise for first time drivers to have access to Tesla power levels anytime soon. Awfully easy to get yourself into trouble...

• Like x 2
  16. Science fan

Science fan Member

#16 Science fan, Apr 29, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    Nomo, I encourage you to rethink the 21" wheels. They may look better, but they are very subject to scuffing. I had a loaner with 21" wheels and found that the 19" wheels gave a quieter, more comfortable ride. Also, 19" wheels will give you significantly better range (18 miles at 65 mph). Whatever you decide, you are going to REALLY enjoy owning a Tesla.

• Like x 1
  17. timvracer

timvracer Member

19" wheels are more practical for sure... but come on, this guy just ordered a fully loaded P100D -- practical is not on his mind!! when I got my 100d in March (21" wheels), I *really* wanted the P version, but today the ONLY "P" you can buy is the P100D, and it is about 35k more than the 100d -- as much as I LOVE the P100D, 2.6+red brake calipers wasn't worth it to me. (oh but how I wish it was!)

(actually, my calipers turn red this weekend, so it was really only about the 2.6 vs. 4.2)

• Like x 4
  18. NoMoGasBro

lol! Don't you mean this girl. My husband would love for it be his car! But with him being in the military he would probably only ever see a couple times. He won't be living with it like I will! I'm a performance car girl And I love fast cars which is the reason I ordered the Fastest Model!

• Like x 2
    • Love x 2
  19. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Be careful. Teslas (and other EVs) are known to be stolen by spouses. Admittedly I've mostly seen this go the other way, and his being deployed a lot may make you less at risk. :)

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. Wknapp0924

Wknapp0924 Member

Congrats! From one Military family to another, welcome to the family!