Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We did it!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NoMoGasBro

Woman who owns a P100D!
Apr 27, 2017
Georgia
After catching another one of you beautiful Tesla owners at the supercharger again today this time with my son. I can happily say that we've done it!! We just placed our order! And the fact that I didn't even need the overnight test drive to convince me is wonderful and we decided to go with a custom car. Spec as follows:
2017 Model S
P100D
Pearl White
Enchanced AutoPilot
Full Self Driving Capabilities
Carbon Fiber Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Ultra White Seats
Black Alcantara Headlinear
Premium Upgrades Package
Premium Sound (Name change?)
Subzero Weather Package
High Amperage Charger (Standard)
Smart Air Suspension
Panoramic Sunroof
21'inch Silver Turbirne Wheels

And I'm super excited!!! To be joining the Tesla family... 2 drives is all it took!:D

After catching another one of you beautiful Tesla owners at the supercharger again today this time with my son. I can happily say that we've done it!! We just placed our order! And the fact that I didn't even need the overnight test drive to convince me is wonderful and we decided to go with a custom car. Spec as follows:
2017 Model S
P100D
Pearl White
Enchanced AutoPilot
Full Self Driving Capabilities
Carbon Fiber Decor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Ultra White Seats
Black Alcantara Headlinear
Premium Upgrades Package
Premium Sound (Name change?)
Subzero Weather Package
High Amperage Charger (Standard)
Smart Air Suspension
Panoramic Sunroof
21'inch Silver Turbirne Wheels

And I'm super excited!!! To be joining the Tesla family... 2 drives is all it took!:D
Congrats, and yes, they changed the upgraded sound package to 'Premium' in all the changes last week or so. Perhaps so no one could complain about the (lack of) high fidelity. ;)

Congrats, and yes, they changed the upgraded sound package to 'Premium' in all the changes last week or so. Perhaps so no one could complain about the (lack of) high fidelity. ;)

Thank's for the clarification! I knew it was totally different than before! I knew I wasn't going crazy and think Ultra High Fidelity Sound was just made up!

Unless your normal driving routes involve ramped curbs and no potholes, you likely should have selected the 19 inch wheels, since the 21 inch wheels are *extremely* easy to damage and quite costly to replace.

I don't really like the look of the Slipstream wheels.. The Cyclones look good but I think the Turbines look really good! That why I choose them! Hopefully I don't regret my decision. I still have time to change the order anyways! So I'll think about it!

I don't really like the look of the Slipstream wheels.. The Cyclones look good but I think the Turbines look really good! That why I choose them! Hopefully I don't regret my decision. I still have time to change the order anyways! So I'll think about it!

Congrats NoMo, I know your excitement.....enjoy it!
Follow your instincts and stick with the 21 Turbines......I have no regrets whatsoever (despite a couple of pot hole blows).
No test drive at all for me, and 9 months from the S delivery, I ordered an X to go with it. Be warned.;)

Reactions: NoMoGasBro
Congrats NoMo, I know your excitement.....enjoy it!
Follow your instincts and stick with the 21 Turbines......I have no regrets whatsoever (despite a couple of pot hole blows).
No test drive at all for me, and 9 months from the S delivery, I ordered an X to go with it. Be warned.;)

I've seen tons of Model S with the Turbines and they make my knees weak! And now my son is begging for a Model S at only 14! He says he just wants a CPO 70D with Premium Upgrades Package, Sunroof, Air Suspension, Autopilot, and the Upgraded Sound! :)

I've seen tons of Model S with the Turbines and they make my knees weak! And now my son is begging for a Model S at only 14! He says he just wants a CPO 70D with Premium Upgrades Package, Sunroof, Air Suspension, Autopilot, and the Upgraded Sound! :)

Offer him a used Nissan Leaf instead?

I really don't think it's wise for first time drivers to have access to Tesla power levels anytime soon. Awfully easy to get yourself into trouble...

Nomo, I encourage you to rethink the 21" wheels. They may look better, but they are very subject to scuffing. I had a loaner with 21" wheels and found that the 19" wheels gave a quieter, more comfortable ride. Also, 19" wheels will give you significantly better range (18 miles at 65 mph). Whatever you decide, you are going to REALLY enjoy owning a Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoMoGasBro
19" wheels are more practical for sure... but come on, this guy just ordered a fully loaded P100D -- practical is not on his mind!! when I got my 100d in March (21" wheels), I *really* wanted the P version, but today the ONLY "P" you can buy is the P100D, and it is about 35k more than the 100d -- as much as I LOVE the P100D, 2.6+red brake calipers wasn't worth it to me. (oh but how I wish it was!)

(actually, my calipers turn red this weekend, so it was really only about the 2.6 vs. 4.2)

19" wheels are more practical for sure... but come on, this guy just ordered a fully loaded P100D -- practical is not on his mind!! when I got my 100d in March (21" wheels), I *really* wanted the P version, but today the ONLY "P" you can buy is the P100D, and it is about 35k more than the 100d -- as much as I LOVE the P100D, 2.6+red brake calipers wasn't worth it to me. (oh but how I wish it was!)

(actually, my calipers turn red this weekend, so it was really only about the 2.6 vs. 4.2)

lol! Don't you mean this girl. My husband would love for it be his car! But with him being in the military he would probably only ever see a couple times. He won't be living with it like I will! I'm a performance car girl And I love fast cars which is the reason I ordered the Fastest Model!

lol! Don't you mean this girl. My husband would love for it be his car! But with him being in the military he would probably only ever see a couple times. He won't be living with it like I will! I'm a performance car girl And I love fast cars which is the reason I ordered the Fastest Model!

Be careful. Teslas (and other EVs) are known to be stolen by spouses. Admittedly I've mostly seen this go the other way, and his being deployed a lot may make you less at risk. :)