Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We know how the Tesla community would react

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've never wondered what the next guy paid for the same car.

I generally don't worry either unless I realize the differential is higher than 5% of the value of the car.

With some vehicle types it can be especially large.

Like I recently bought a camper van for $110K that retailed for $150K.

When I started the buying process I wasn't familiar with how RV's were priced, and how deep the discounts went. It was only a result of joining the FB group for the van that I realized how it was done.

Armed with that knowledge I went down to my local RV dealer expecting to get similar deals to the deals had by the people on the group. But, they laughed me right off the lot and said that they were selling like hot cakes and they sold them at MSRP all the time.

I ended up ordering it for $110K from a RV dealer in the midwest.

I don't have to be the one who paid the least, but I never want to be the idiot that paid way too much. Unless I was a billionaire of course. I'm not at a point financially where I'm okay with being screwed over.

Now my reaction to this = :eek:
Screenshot_20190613-193917~2.png
Screenshot_20190613-193932~2.png

2 Killed, 5 Injured in Multivehicle Crash Involving Box Truck on 71 Freeway in Chino Hills

Tesla sells more Model 3’s in a month than Chevy sells Bolts in a year. So even with the price discount the Bolt is still only a few thousand dollars less than an entry level Model 3. It’s a tough proposition for a buyer to want to choose a Bolt. And Chevy loses money on every Bolt they sell so I’m not sure that they all that upset that the Bolt has not sold well.

I would not be surprised if the Bolt goes out of production at the end of this year. They need to come up with something better. I’m not sure they have the expertise to do so though.

My retired dad just found out his Volt is totaled after hitting a deer last week. He mentioned a couple cars he's interested in, so I sent him the info in this thread.

We had to spend a lot of time and beat up the dealer pretty good, but he ended up getting about $9500 off sticker, plus the additional $8750 in tax rebates coming next year.
All said and done he's going to be in the car for a hair over $22k. Not too shabby.