Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We need more service centers in Georgia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you getting your numbers? No way California has 220 service centers. By my count its 39. That puts the ratio at one per million of total population however I guarantee you that California has way more than twice as many Tesla's per capita than Georgia does. Try and do better on your second post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We stopped off at a Joint in Calif and got to talking to another customer. Said he was laid off from Tesla.

He was a service tech and that over 500 other Service Techs were let go too. Didn't ask if it was statewide or across North America. He did add that field reps that would return to the factory with info about problems were let go too.

First we heard of it. Seemed like the guy was legit. Damfino anything more beyond that. Seems strange.

The Joint was literally The Joint:

vuu0zkg.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Upvote 0
We need more service centers in Georgia. The ratio is one service center per 2.5 million Tesla owners in Georgia and one service center in California to 150 k.

I am not going to debate whether you need more service centers in Georgia. I WILL say, however, that your "it takes 1 day to schedule service in CA is completely, 100000000% false.

In general, the timeframe is about what you say it is for georgia (2-3 weels).

Reactions: whisperingshad
Upvote 0
You did see that OP is comparing rates, right?
No, the OP isn't comparing rates...at least not correctly. The original statement was that Georgia had only 4 service centers and so the "ratio is one service center per 2.5 million Tesla owners in Georgia". However the total population of Georgia is about 10 million, which would mean that this would only be true if every single person in Georgia owned a Tesla. So clearly the OP was trying to compare total state population per service center. Which is why I pointed out that California has a much higher density of teslas in the state, which is what really matters. Also, there are actually 6 service centers in Georgia, so just about everything is wrong with the OP.

Upvote 0
I’m in Los Angeles, likely the largest or maybe 2nd largest Tesla market in the US.

Every time I make a service appointment it’s 2-4 week; every time. I’ve never got anywhere near 24 hr appt.

Only with Audi have I been able to to get next day appt and with guaranteed loaner; not Uber credits. They would also drop me at home or pick me up. Plus all the free drinks and fresh cookies I want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, the OP isn't comparing rates...at least not correctly. The original statement was that Georgia had only 4 service centers and so the "ratio is one service center per 2.5 million Tesla owners in Georgia". However the total population of Georgia is about 10 million, which would mean that this would only be true if every single person in Georgia owned a Tesla. So clearly the OP was trying to compare total state population per service center. Which is why I pointed out that California has a much higher density of teslas in the state, which is what really matters. Also, there are actually 6 service centers in Georgia, so just about everything is wrong with the OP.

The actual data from 2021:
CA has 4x the population of GA.
I could not find Tesla data, but as of 2021 CA is 42% of US EV sales and GA is 2.3%. I'm pretty sure the data is even more skewed for Tesla.

Based on representation, one could expect CA to have at least (42/2.3)/4 = ~ 4.5x more service centers than GA

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.